Login and Authentication/Authorization using cookie

Hi,

We are developing web-based app using ASP.Net MVC + jquery-Mobile targeting Enterprise devices. We would like to use Rho-Elements to run those apps on MC75A devices.

User will log-on to the system Default choice is Basic Authentication and storing the cookie at client side. I observed, that it is not working. Even after providing correct user-name password, user is not able to login.

Is there any setting to enable cookie in rho-elements, or you recommend to implement login/authentication mechanism in altogether difference way?

Many Thanks

Regards,

Sutiskhan

David Arbuthnot
Maybe check this thread.  We

Maybe check this thread.  We had a similar issue but it turned out to be caused by a default setting in IIS that assumes you don't want to use cookies.  Interestingly, we had no issue on other devices the way it was but couldn't get it to work on Rho Elements until we changed the setting.

http://motorola-dev.hosted.jivesoftware.com/thread/1035

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Sutikshan Dubey
Thanks David, Ben for your

Thanks David, Ben for your responses.

Yes this thread fixed my problem.

http://motorola-dev.hosted.jivesoftware.com/message/1115#1115

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Christopher Sather
Ok, what if you have IIS

Ok, what if you have IIS cookies enabled and the device time is set properly, but you still get an error from Rho saying that Cookies are not enabled for this machine?Rho Cookie Error.JPG

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Sutiskhan,Cookies in

Hi Sutiskhan,

Cookies in RhoElements are always enabled, so I don't think the problem is there. The most frequent problem I have with authentication is with SSL communication or certificate authentication. The problem normally lies with the time being incorrect on the mobile device and therefore SSL failing. If this is the cause, RhoElements includes an SNTP module that synchronises the clock with a server which can be called from the first page of your application.

This would be my first line of enquiry, please respond if this is not the case and we'll see if we can find a better solution.

Regards,

Ben

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’