[MC65] Soft keyboard switching causes screen flash

I am developing a program with RhoElements running on MC65. I found that soft keyboard switching causes screen flash. If I click a input box, the box is highlighted and input caret appears, that’s good. But the soft keyboard is not showing automatically. I defined following meta data in HTML to allow me manually enable it:

<META HTTP-Equiv="SIPButton" Content="Visibility:Visible">

Then I can click the SIP button to show soft keyboard, the screen goes black then back with input focus lost. This process is slow, like the screen flashes. I have to click the input box again to get focus (screen flashes again). It’s a bad user experience, like the soft keyboard is a stantalone program, switching between keyboard and site page causes flash every time.

Is there any way to solve this problem? Like a setting in Config.Xml?

Thanks,

Robert Galvin
In the Config.xml there is a

In the Config.xml there is a setting in SIP\Enabled = set that equal to 1 for the SIP to autoload. Also please download the latest 1.0.2.3 build and try it with this setting, You can check the help file under Getting/Started/Configuration settings for the explanation of the SIP options. You should not have to include the manual SIP button.

Also does your webpage use jQuery Mobile/Sencha or any CSS that includes shadowing. This may also be causing slowness.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’