6 Replies Latest reply on Jan 5, 2012 8:20 AM by Robert Galvin

RhoElements Color & Scaling

Richard Baker

Have a partner developing a RhoElements application on the ET1 and are having two issues

1. When I run my application in RhoElements, the colors are different than if I run in the ET1 browser.  Is there something I can do to make them consistent?
      2. When I run my application in RhoElements, the screen is scaled quite small. Is there a way to have it not scale down so much? 

Any assistance would be appreciated

• Re: RhoElements Color & Scaling
          Brian McWhirter

I should add a followup to this as I'm the one asking the question.  I've tried the zoom page:x Meta tag and that seems to work but it messes up jQuery Mobile's internal page size references.  i.e. a page footer is no longer correctly positioned at the bottom - it's off the screen.

Robert Galvin

On the issue with color, where are you seeing the problem: image, CSS, Canvas, etc? I have also recently noticed a problem with color discrepency and want to log all cases of it.

On the scale issue, which version of RhoElements are you using?

Also, can you share your page or a screen shot of what you are seeing showing the difference between the stock browser and the same page in RhoE. I have used the zoom.page on some test pages and the footer stays at the bottom:

<footer data-role="footer" data-position="fixed">

Brian McWhirter

With color discrepancy, I'm seeing it mostly in CSS with a certain shade of blue and yellow.  The new version of RhoElements (1.0.3.4) makes the blue a brown color and the yellow ends up being a cyan.  The original version of RhoElements that was running (1.0.0.10 I think) did not do this.

Both versions of RhoElements that I've tried scale everything down to a pretty tiny size.  The jQuery Mobile buttons end up being so small that they are hard to touch.

Robert Galvin

Is there anyway you can share the page or a test page that exhibits both problems. We have seen a color problem with Canvas object but not with CSS.

On the size issue, I have seen once you set zoom.page to a value, it retains it even though you visit a page that does not have that value. So I would put it back to 'normal' zoom by visiting a page that has zoom.page=1.0 and then retest.

Brian McWhirter

I just tested this - point your RhoElements start page in config.xml to http://jquerymobile.com/demos/1.0/  and run it.  Compare the colors to the built-in ET1 webkit browser and you'll see what I mean.  In jQuery Mobile the color themes that appear to be affected are "B" and "E".

Regarding the zoom issue - I'm not having a problem between pages.  I really just want to zoom the whole app larger.  If you compare the same site that I posted for the color issue, you'll see the scaling I'm talking about. 

Robert Galvin

Thanks Brian. It seems that we are having trouble with the CSS style:

background-image:-webkit-gradient(linear,left top,left bottom,from(#81a8ce),to(#5e87b0))

I will forward this on to the engineering team that is working on the Color issue. It may be the same fix.

As far as the zoom goes, it seems like our default zoom is most equivalent to the stock browser's "far' zoom setting (More/Settings/Default Zoom/Far). And it seems like our zoom.page does not work exactly like the stock browsers does. When I change the zoom.page, it seems to not have an effect on the text within jQuery's elements only the graphical elements inside. if I set it to 1.5, it seems most equivalent to the Stock/Medium zoom level and I am able to better click graphic buttons like the Home button in the jQuery Demos page. And the zoom.text also does not seem to have an effect on the text inside a Jquery element. I will have to do some more digging, but I tend to agree that the whole page should be bigger.