RhoConnect Debug & Log

What are the best ways to debug a RhoConnect application? How can you output to the console? I am just using the one that comes with RhoStudio (On Windows 7). I would like to be able to add some trace statements as well as breakpoint to step through it. It does not seem like the breakpoints/step is a possibility, please confirm.

Robert Galvin
One way to add information in

One way to add information in the console log is to add:

puts [string]

into your code. This will display in the console log.

Another thing I found useful is to test the ruby code outside of RhoStudio/RhoConnect. If you open your Interactive Ruby command prompt (look in your start/programs menu). You will be able to execute your ruby statements to make sure they are correct. This was helpful for me in determining if the RestClient.get was the problem or the JSON.parse statement was the problem.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Evgeny Vovchenko
http://docs.rhomobile.com
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Robert Galvin
Evgeny - thanks for

Evgeny - thanks for responding, but I was asking specifically about debugging a RhoConnect application. Do you have any suggestions?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Lars Burgess
If you run the RhoConnect app

If you run the RhoConnect app in RhoStudio (via a RhoConnect run configuration) then breakpoints, step debugging, etc.. should work just like with the Rhodes/RhoElements apps.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’