I have a few queries on the working of application cache in rhoelements in comparison with testing the same with chrome. I specified a path in the config file for websql and application cache. When I hit the page that fetches the manifest as well as creates the websql tables, the directory specified for websql is created with the .db files, but no folder is created for application cache. However, I can view the list of cached pages when I hit the same page from a chrome browser. Secondly, I tried using the applicationcache object to check the staus of caching. When hitting the page from rhoelements, the status shows as UnCached. As specified in http://www.w3.org/TR/html5/offline.html#offline, this would mean: The ApplicationCache object's cache host is not associated with an application cache at this time. On the contrary when accessing the page from chrome, I get the status IDLE : The ApplicationCache object's cache host is associated with an application cache whose application cache group's update status is idle, and that application cache is the newest cache in its application cache group, and the application cache group is not marked as obsolete. So it indicates caching was done in chrome. Attaching screen shots also. Thirdly,when I force an update of the application cache, there is no response in RE, whereas from chrome, I get a status CHECKING meaning: The ApplicationCache object's cache host is associated with an application cache whose application cache group's update status is checking. So I infer that there is a caching happening in chrome but not in rhoelements. The following is a briefing on the way I've used my application. The application requires mvc3. I created a manifest file with .manifest extension and added the MIME type as text/cache-manifest. I then hit the page that pulls the manifest. I am attaching the sample application I've used. Please do state if there is any mistake in the way I'm trying to use the feature.