12 Replies Latest reply on Nov 8, 2012 6:33 AM by Darren Jones

RhoElements v2 (Beta 2 and 5) on Win7 64bit

RhoMobile (publicly available version) version of RhoStudio requires that Windows 64bit installs must be performed as a plug-in to an existing Eclipse installation. I have attempted to install the RhoElements v2 (beta's 2 and 5) on a Windows 7 64bit system (the only system to which I have access at work) and I am receiving the following error when I attempt to start RhoElements v2 version of RhoStudio:  Failed to load the JNI shared library "C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_30\bin\..\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll".  I have several other working eclipse installations on this same machine, but only the RhoStudio eclipse engine has issues. When will a 64bit version of the RhoElements v2 version of RhoStudio be available to beta test, is there a Eclipse plug-in version/update site available, and/or how to get around this error?

• Re: RhoElements v2 (Beta 2 and 5) on Win7 64bit
          Robert Galvin

Darryn - I am checking into this. Did you make sure you have the proper paths defined in the rhobuild.yml file located in:

C:\RhoStudio\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\rhodes-3.3.3.beta.5.7 (or other similar path based on your version of the rhodes beta gem)

Capture.PNG

• RhoElements v2 (Beta 2 and 5) on Win7 64bit

I will reconfirm. However, I can add a wrinkle to that. I have just completed installing this on an older XP system and the beta5 works out of the box. I just checked that setting in the rhobuild.yml file. The java value is set to an invalid path (set to the default older version of java) yet the RhoStudio works.

Robert Galvin

It may be 'catching' it on the XP system because of your system environment variables. (forgot to mention that in my last reply). Between those two areas, that would be the first place to look.

Just reconfirmed the java path. And it is valid.

Note that the error I am seeing is occurring immediately when attempting to start the REv2 RhoStudio. This is a semi-common error with Eclipse when a 32bit Eclipse runtime is installed on a 64bit system. Eclipse requires that the OS, JVM, and Eclipse runtime all be either 32bit or 64bit. I would imagine this is why RhoMobile (public version) instructs 64bit Windows users to only install RhoStudio as a plugin.

Robert Galvin

Ok thanks for reconfirming. I have an inquiry into engineering on the 64 bit question. I believe I have the same setup as you (Win7 64 bit, but am using all 32 bit pieces). I think the diff is that all of my binaries are 32 bit (installed to (x86) folder). You may have to install the 32 bit version of java like I did and repoint Rho to it. Then try modifying the rhobuild.yml before you launch rhostudio.

Java: C:/Program Files (x86)/Java/jdk1.7.0_02/bin

Android SDK: C:/Program Files (x86)/Android/android-sdk

Android NDK: C:/androidndk

WinMo CabWiz: C:/Program Files (x86)/Windows Mobile 6.5.3 DTK/Tools/CabWiz

VS Build: C:/Program Files (x86)/Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0/VC/vcpackages/vcbuild.exe

Rhodes Path: C:\RhoStudio\ruby\lib\ruby\gems\1.8\gems\rhodes-3.3.3.beta.5.4

PATH=C:\RhoStudio\redis-2.4.0;C:\RhoStudio\ruby\bin;C:\RhoStudio\devkit\bin;C:\RhoStudio\devkit\mingw\bin;C:\RhoStudio\make-3.81\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_02\bin;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Microsoft Online Services;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Microsoft Online Services;%CommonProgramFiles%\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\RSA SecurID Token Common;C:\Windows\system32;C:\Windows;C:\Windows\System32\Wbem;C:\Windows\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0\;C:\Program Files (x86)\QuickTime\QTSystem\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin;C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\;C:\Program Files (x86)\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\Qt\Qt 4.3.3;C:\Program Files\SlikSvn\bin;c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\Tools\Binn\;c:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SQL Server\100\DTS\Binn\;C:\Program Files (x86)\Git\cmd;C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live;C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools;C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\tools;C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\vcpackages;C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.7.0_02\bin

Resolved by latest version of RhoStudio which offers a 64bit runtime