4 Replies Latest reply on Apr 27, 2012 11:41 AM by Hector Meza

Rho Simulator License Error

Hector Meza

I have installed drop 5 and created a basic Product project.

Tried to run it in the RhoSimulator (android) and get the following error

********* ERROR ************************************************************************

License is required to run RhoElements application.

Please, provide  "motorola_licence" and "motorola_licence_company" parameters in build.yml.

**************************************************************************************

Error in build application

Rho Build information : D:/Rho2.0.0Beta5/RhoStudio/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rhodes-3.3.3.beta.5.5

Anyone else having similar issues?

• Re: Rho Simulator License Error
          Robert Galvin

Hector

With RE2 you will now be able to bundle a deployment license with your application. See documentation:

http://edgedocs.rhomobile.com/rhoelements/rhoelements2-native#pre-licensing-your-application

The build log may show that warning but it should not prevent the build from completing and launching the simulator. It is probably some other reason the application is not building. Start a fresh app and do nothing then build. You should see it succeed. Then go back to the app that is not building and look for ruby syntax errors or other ruby related errors that may cause the build not to execute.

Hector Meza

Rob, this is a new project build.  I enabled the trace and set the log level to 0 - hoping to get a better idea of what is happening -

No luck - I try'd running this in the RhoSimulator but it still fails the following is the console info:

Clean started

cd D:/Rho2.0.0Beta5/RhoStudio/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rhodes-3.3.3.beta.5.5

********* ERROR ************************************************************************

Please, provide  "motorola_licence" and "motorola_licence_company" parameters in build.yml.

**************************************************************************************

build started

cd D:/Rho2.0.0Beta5/RhoStudio/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/rhodes-3.3.3.beta.5.5

** Invoke run:android:rhosimulator (first_time)

** Invoke config:set_android_platform (first_time)

** Execute config:set_android_platform

** Invoke config:common (first_time)

** Execute config:common

Error in build application

I did install the local 5.5.gem's  - not sure if that is the issue. 

Were can we get a valid license for MSI?

Robert Galvin

Hector

Looks like we had a problem with that gem and running Android based RhoSim. Just change the OS to WIndows Mobile for the simulator. This is also not a problem in later builds.

Rob

Hector Meza

It seems like the gem's are my issue

rhodes-3.3.3.beta.5.5.gem

rhoelements-2.0.0.beta.5.5.gem

I removed them and re-installed the beta Drop 5 - applications are now able to be created and run in the Simulator.

I am assuming we need the 5.5.gem's to be installed, but you mentioned that it is fixed in a newer drop, is there a drop more current than 5?

One thing that is difficult is that there is not a lot of documentation on what the drop's have - the RhoMobile documentation seems to be updating but we have no way of knowing what and when it is changed.  Is there a reference doc for the documentation changes?

Thanks