Where to get the ET1 RhoElements v2 runtime?

Hi,

Our company uses it's own IDE for HTML5 design for SAP customers.

As we are not using your eclipse based studio, I am only interested in the apk file for the v2 beta.

I couldn't find where to download this.

Anyone able to help?

Darryn Campbell
Hi Njal,What do you mean when

Hi Njal,

What do you mean when you say the runtime? Are you asking for the runtime that let's you point to a web url to load the application? I believe the version you have may not have the Runtime prebuilt. But look at the

Building The Shared Runtime

http://edgedocs.rhomobile.com/rhoelements/rhoelements2-native#running-multiple-rhoelements-applications

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Peter Arcuri
Rob, I believe Njal is asking

Rob, I believe Njal is asking if RhoElements ver2 will offer a loose RhoElements runtime deployment package similar to ver1 - RhoElements_1.0.3.11.apk. In other words, would it be possible for a non-RhoStudio HTML5 and Javascript IDE be able to target the RhoElements container? This should be possible, perhaps through the rake build utility?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Glenn Sayer
Looks like the answer is yes

Looks like the answer is yes.

http://edgedocs.rhomobile.com/rhoelements/rhoelements2-native

look in section 

Building The RhoElements Runtime

I have not done this but will be giving it a try tomorrow.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Darryn Campbell
This is exactly what i am

This is exactly what i am asking (v2 akp of i.e RhoElements_1.0.3.11.apk).

For our old gray haired ABAP developing customers it will be too much to ask them to install RhoMobile and follow the steps to deploy their solutions native..

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Njål Stabell
Thanks for the link Rob (and

Thanks for the link Rob (and sorry for the late reply...)

I have looked through the documentation of rhomobile and set up a dev environment.. but this is really not a perfect solution for our partners. As we have our own IDE that generates the HTML5 code including the Rho Element API this was a perfect match with the v1 of Rho where you only needed to install the apk for the ET1 and point the url to the SAP backend server where our code resides.

So what I am asking is this.. will the there be a APK file for the version 2 of RhoElements or will our developers need to install RhoMobile in the same way as you would with Codova(Phonegap) ?

Cheers, Njal

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Njål Stabell
I think I found it. I'll

I think I found it. I'll check for these files tomorrow and tell you if does the trick.

Installing the RhoElements Runtime

After Installing RhoMobile Suite, there will be a set of executables (runtimes) for Windows Mobile, Windows CE and Android found in subfolder of where you installed RhoMobile Suite. You will need to install these executables on each device that will be used for your application. In order for RhoElements to start with your web app, you need to configure it so that it knows which URL to start with. This can be accomplished in multiple ways:

1. Creating a shortcut that changes the default URL that is loaded
  2. Modifying the <StartPage> parameter in the default config.xml file

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Dalvir Suri
Hi,Any luck with generating

Hi,

Any luck with generating the REv2 runtime?

I have followed the steps mentioned at : http://edgedocs.rhomobile.com/rhoelements/rhoelements2-webapps 

under 'Configuration Parameters'

I generated the 'RhoElements_signed.apk' by using the rake utility at :

'<RhoMobile Suite Install Folder>/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhoelements-2.0.0.beta.5.5/RhoElements2

I installed this file on my non-motorola Android mobile which is currently running on v2.3.4

The runtime was installed successfully.

But I cant find the config.xml flocated under /confg folder in my root.

Is it because I have not rooted my mobile or is there something else wrong.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Peter Arcuri
Hi Dalvir, please note that

Hi Dalvir, please note that the RhoElements runtime (container) which consists of Motorola Webkit was designed to run Motorla devices. This also brings devices capabilites for Moto devices.   As far as using non_Motorola devices you can leverage your esiting HTML5 and Javascript by placing it in the workspace/public folder of a new project. The steps below will create a .APK file containg your application and will run off the native device browser.  1. Edit “rhoconfig.txt” and point to your new .html starting page by changing  a.     # startup page for your application start_path = '/app' to b.     # startup page for your application start_path = '/public/myHTMLapp.html' 2. Edit the “application.rb” file located in the app dir and uncomment from #@@toolbar = nil to @@toolbar = nil 3.     Save page  File>Save all 4.     In command line navigate to your\workspace\yourHTMLapp and execute rake device:android:production After several minutes find yourHTMLapp.apk file in \bin\target  Hoping this was helpful.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Satish Kumar
Hi Peter,In the myHTMLapp

Hi Peter,

In the myHTMLapp.html (referring to your previous post) I have written few EMML tags to do a simple barcode scan. But the native browser doesn't seem to recognize the tags.

So my question is can we build an application which uses both Ruby api and EMML tags of Rhoelements?

Do we need a separate runtime to run EMML tags or a rhodes application built with apptype: rhoelements will get the runtime by default?

Thanks

Satish

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Robin West
Satish,The next release of

Satish,

The next release of Rho will allow you to build a Rho native application that can leverage the EMML tags leveraging RhoElements.  Today Rho native applications leverage the native browser. The next release should be out shortly giving you the ability to do want you want.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Satish Kumar
Thanks Glenn. Any idea on

Thanks Glenn. Any idea on when that release would be?

Will that release also allow me to use EMML tags in not motorola devices?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Robin West
Released end of this month

Released end of this month.

Emml not supported on non moto.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Darryn Campbell
Finally got around to re

Finally got around to re-installing the Rho Studio.

Problem solved:

RhoRuntime.PNG

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’