RhoStudio install HTML page size/Configuration

I have an html application that I can run inside of RhoElements with no issues.  When I try to compile the application through RhoStudio the sizing of the pages are off, they appear to be zoon X2.  Any thoughts on where to change the size or have it display the same  as default in RhoElements?

I am also looking to set default configuration in the config.xml.  Is there a way to configure those details via the RhoStudio environment (specifically the details around js handling cross script browser security)? 

Robin West
Zac, for the second part of

Zac, for the second part of your question - how to include a config.xml file as part of the build (creating an HTML5 app for RE and building a container in RhoMobile to launch).

The online documentation has a section that describes this process

http://edgedocs.rhomobile.com/rhoelements/rhoelements2-native

Customizing the RhoElements Configuration File

It is possible to include a custom RhoElements configuration file Config.xml to the application bundle. If the configuration file is the same for all supported platforms, then add to the build.yml file:

It give an example, I believe this maybe what you are looking for.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Robin West
You need to remove some

You need to remove some unneeded files.

Start in RhoStudio by opening up your application and clicking on the "public" dir.  You can delete the files out of here that you are not using. 

You can remove all of the xxxx.bb.erb files if you don't need to do a BlackBerry build.

The above is a good starting point.  Other files can be removed, but could impact what you can build for and how it will work.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Zac Tunstall
I have tried to remove all

I have tried to remove all the files and it still did not make a difference.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Robert Galvin
ZacIf you are using RhoStudio

Zac

If you are using RhoStudio and not RhoMobile Suite, then it is using a different webkit. If you are using RhoMobile Suite and have specified rhoelements as the app_type then you should be seeing the same zoom factor. Can you confirm which version you are building with?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Robin West
I am using RhoStudio Version

I am using RhoStudio Version 2.0.0 Beta 5 to build the application.  Is there any documentation I can look at thats shows me how to build it with the RhoMobile Suite?

Thanks.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Peter Arcuri
Zac, just posted this earlier

Zac, just posted this earlier. Here is the doc location in particular for the RhoMobile Suite.

https://developer.motorolasolutions.com/community/rhomobile-suite/docs

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Zac Tunstall
We were able to fix the

We were able to fix the sizing and configuration based on the links (Thank you!).  We are now experiencing the following. 

Bolt on scanner does not work as event driven

There is a title that appears at the header of the application (not sure yet how to remove that)

The masked input fields are not showing "*" but rather a " "

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Robert Galvin
What do you mean "bolt on

What do you mean "bolt on scanner"? Which device are you using?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Zac Tunstall
ET1, with the scanner/msr

ET1, with the scanner/msr that is attached to the back of the device. 

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Robin West
That explains things. We do

That explains things. We do not support the MSR attachment at this point. You will have to use the camera for scanning at this moment. I am looking at the other questions you asked as well.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Hector Meza
Zac, can you confirm the

Zac, can you confirm the testing you did.

I thought you said the ET1 scanner works with RE when running RE engine directly, but the scanner does not work when running your application in a RhoMobile Suite Container build? 

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Robert Galvin
Zac - sorry for the confusion

Zac - sorry for the confusion. We do support the scanner on the MSR right now. You need to be at least Rev C of the ET1 OS. Can you provide the Build Number Settings/About Device/Build number: 03-271301-1701-0602-00-M1-051712

We do not support the MSR portion of the accessory.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Zac Tunstall
We have the same OS version

We have the same OS version build.  The version of RhoElements that we use that works with the scanner was 2.0.5.27.

And the RhoMobile Suite we are using (download version name) is RMS_02000527

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’