Please provide RhoElements license key. How to resolve?

After running on Android simulator, RhoElements application prompt me "Please provide RhoElements license key"

Why?

Do I need purchase a license key? T___T

Please refer picture below.

Please provide RhoElements license key.png

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi,Use of RhoElements does

Hi,

Use of RhoElements does require a license key, to make use of just the non-enterprise features (i.e. a Rhodes app) just remove app_type:rhoelements from your build.yml.  Also bear in mind that RhoElements applications do not yet support the stock Android browser in the current release.

To use RhoElements on Stock android specify the following in your build.yml (more info at http://docs.rhomobile.com/rhoelements/rhoelements2-native#building-for-motorola-android):

app_type: rhoelements

capabilities:

- non_motorola_device

Regards,

Darryn.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Freddy Chan
As of Rhodes version 3.3.3,

As of Rhodes version 3.3.3, the Barcode API is removed from Rhodes. This feature is only supported in Motorola RhoMobile Suite. If you wish to use this feature, you will need to upgrade to RhoMobile Suite. Your application’s build.yml will also need to be modified to indicate the application type is ‘Rhoelements’. Additionally, aRhoElements license is required.

That means, RhoElements license for Motorola devices is free? for Non-Motorola Device need to purchase license key?

Am I correct?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi,No, RhoElements licenses

Hi,

No, RhoElements licenses are not free on any device, they are device agnostic and cost the same regardless of the hardware.

The distinction is between a 'Rhodes' and 'RhoElements' application.  Rhodes is an open source framework developed by RhoMobile, when RhoMobile was acquired by Motorola Solutions Rhodes was combined into the 'RhoMobile Suite' product.  The Rhodes framework its self remains open source but all enterprise features (barcode scanning, signature capture) require a RhoElements license.  See the differences between Rhodes and RhoElements applications at http://docs.rhomobile.com/rhoelements/apicompatibility, Rhodes apps are a subset of RhoElements apps.

I hope that's clear!

Darryn.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Freddy Chan
Yup, but where to buy the

Yup, but where to buy the license key?

Im from Singapore.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Nongkhlaw
+1

+1

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Typically you would get your

Typically you would get your license keys from your reseller or directly from Motorola.  If you have purchased Motorola hardware then whoever sold you the hardware should be able to assist you in obtaining licenses (or they will know who to ask).

For customers using Non-Motorola hardware I would suggest contacting rho.sales@motorolasolutions.com or there are other contact details on http://www.motorola.com/Business/US-EN/RhoMobile+Suite/Downloads

If you hit any hurdles please come back to me and I'll make sure something happens! 

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Darryn Campbell
How will the process work if

How will the process work if my rhodes application developed using v1.X or 2.X was using scanning (enterprise) features? Wasnt it free that time?

v 1.X or 2.X is just an example, what I mean by that is before the acquisition.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Robin West
The Barcode feature, present

The Barcode feature, present in Rhodes prior to the acquisition has been removed from the free feature set and moved into the licensable(enterprise) feature set.  The same is true of Rhodes' take_signature and nfc capabilities, all other capabilities (unless I'm forgetting some) remain part of the Rhodes feature set and therefore not subject to license.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Nongkhlaw
Please remove these prompts

Please remove these prompts for RhoElements license keys for apps using just Rhodes. I've noticed these prompts even with old pre-Motorola and pre-Rhoelements builds done at Rhohub. They're not only an annoyance, but embarrassing too.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
The need for a license is

The need for a license is feature based, see http://docs.rhomobile.com/rhoelements/licensing#features-requiring-a-license

Some features of Rhodes (Signature Capture and Barcode) have been moved into the paid API set and could explain the behaviour you're seeing.

Regards,

Darryn.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Nongkhlaw
No, none of my old builds

No, none of my old builds make use of any of these paid features. Looks like all old builds have been converted into RhoElements apps, and the Rhodes version is now fixed and not editable anymore :(

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Nongkhlaw
My bad, sorry. I built for

My bad, sorry. I built for Android and thankfully, there was no license nag. However, the nag was there for Win32, but that's because it's in the gimme-money-first category, I  failed to notice that in the link you provided. And surprise of surprises, the same app failed to build successfully for WinMo, but that's another story.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’