GPS on background process

M Mazen Obeid 2 years 11 months ago
8 2 0

Hello, I'm working on a application that used GPS to track our Asset. The application that I'm doing is to take data from the GPS and send these data to a server through a post every two minutes. If the tablet/phone has no internet connection this application should save the data in a database. I am developing this application for the company that I work, for that reason I have enough urgency to see if is possible to do this with Rhomobile and how to do it. Also if is possible some example of how to do that would be fantastic, or any reference or link with which I can guide. Sincerely,

Please register or login to post a reply

2 Replies

J Jon Tara

Rhodes doesn't support background Location Services, or, to my knowledge, any background operation at all. It's something I'm interested in, though, so interested to hear any ideas on how to do so.

At minimum, I think you'd need to write your own native extension. It can use background Location Services. This periodically sends messages to your app, and even if the app is in background, then then the app will receive the messages on it's AppApplication. I'm pretty familiar with this, as I've written a native (not Rhodes) application that records your path.

The question then, is can Rhodes process the messages without showing the UI?

CONTACT
Can’t find what you’re looking for?