Help - Image capture on the MC70

Help,

I have a partner & customer who is developing an application which requires the ability to capture pictures from the imager (due to go live with a pilot this coming Monday)… I have tried loading “SamplesW50.cab” which contains the Imager Sample (version 1.2.0.2) but this fails with “Instantiation Error, Can’t start Viewer” (yes that is the spelling that comes up!!).

Is there a more recent version I should use or any gotcha’s I should be aware of?

Many thanks

Paul Reed

Prashanth Kadur
Move or delete the shortcut

Move or delete the shortcut \windows\startup\RC_QAKApp and try.

You can also modify the Imager sample not to make exclusive use of triggers.

Thanks.

Prashanth Kadur

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
I downloaded SamplesW50-1[1]

I downloaded SamplesW50-1[1].00.04.cab from DevCentral and put it into \Applications of an MC70

but I'm receiving message "Installation of ...... was unseccessful" after making click on it.

Any clue to get it installed?

Thanks,

Gustavo,

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Peter Arcuri
Try executing the cab file

Try executing the cab file from the \temp or \windows\startup folder. I'd also try running it from the \windows folder, for the possibility of the installation is contingent on a specific DLL.

If all fails, try CLEAN booting the device, run Regsave temple, run the cab file followed by Regsave delta. This may shed some light by comparing registry keys versus what’s in the cab file.

Hope this helps.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jim Fagioli
Gustavo, You should be able

Gustavo,

You should be able to install the CAB file from any location.  There are no dependencies. I normally install it from the \Application folder.  If the CAB file is already installed, it will prompt you to do an uninstall first. If you cancel this prompt, it will give the failure message that you are seeing. Try warmbooting or making sure that all other applications are closed (start:settings:system:memroy:running programs).  Then try the install from \Application. I'm not sure what you are seeing, but any additional information that you can provide might allow us to reproduce the issue.

Jim Fagioli

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Jim, I'm not making any

Jim, I'm not making any changes after loading new images.

I've copied following files into an SD card and performed updateloader. 

70XXw50GenOS701806.sig

70XXw50XenML0135XX.sig

70xxw50XenSC002.bmp

Application.udl.bin

CleanPS.bin

Pkgs.lst

I think that the terminal is locked and thus not running anything

that comes in a CAB or CPF but if I just copy an EXE file which does not

require any installation, it runs ok.

Could be it possible that the trminal is locked even after loading a new image?

Some way to unlock?...I mean to disable signature checking or set it to OPEN?

Thanks,

Gustavo,

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kjell Lloyd
Hi Gustavo,   I have

Hi Gustavo,

I have experience exactly the same problem as you are describing with the MC70 and Imager. Tried also

to start the ImagerSample.exe and getting a message box saying "Can't start Viewer".

The imager works perfectly with ScanSamp2.exe to read barcodes but this doesn't help if you want to demonstrate the camera function.

I tried to copy the ImagerSample.exe to Windows folder but without any success.

If you find any resolution on this, please let me know.

regards

Kjell

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jim Fagioli
Kjell, Regarding the

Kjell,

Regarding the ImagerSample issue you are seeing: See the posting from Prashanth Kadur above.

He says to either move or delete the shortcut \windows\startup\RC_QAKApp or modify the Imager sample source code not to make exclusive use of triggers.

This is a bug in the ImagerSample that will be fixed in the next release of SMDK for C.

Jim

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kevin Lollock
Regarding the comment from

Regarding the comment from Kjell, you need to explicitly exit the scansamp application. Click <FILE> and then <EXIT> to make sure scansamp is closed... Image sample should run just fine.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kevin Lollock
Disregard the previous post..

Disregard the previous post... The app that I was testing was on a way-early alpha release.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kjell Lloyd
Thanks Jim. That worked, I

Thanks Jim.

That worked, I tried to remove shortcut of RC_QAKApp link, didn't see that first.

What does the RC_QAK_App do?

regards

Kjell

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kjell Lloyd
I'm aware of this. Jim

I'm aware of this. Jim pointed out the solution for this.

Thanks anyway!

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Jim, This is a description of

Jim,

This is a description of what I did today starting from zero:

1-    Downloaded BetaZone70x418.6.zip from BetaZone and successfully installed into two MC70’s.

2-    Downloaded again SamplesW5-1[1].00.04.CAB from DevZone’s SDK 1.0 and copy to \Application

3-    Still receiving message “Installation of SamplesW50-1[1].00.04.cab was unsuccessful” when click on it

4-    Made copy of ScanWedge.exe from 9090’s DCP into \Application and runs fine

5-    Made a .CPF file with SCM and put it into \Application. It generates following Test Message

“System notification: Installation of MC70 Lasert BT WAN Config file.cpf was unsuccessful. The program or

setting cannot be installed because it does not have sufficient system permissions.”

Also tried cold booting the terminal. No error messages but settings made with SCM not applied.

Thanks for your help,

Gustavo,

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jim Fagioli
Gustavo, Based on the

Gustavo,

Based on the information that you have provided, the MC70 team is trying to reproduce your problem, but they have not been successful.  After updating the software on the device, did you change any settings?

Jim

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Christopher Sather
Where can I find a copy of

Where can I find a copy of the BetaZone70x418.6.zip file. I cant seem to find it on Beta Zone or Dev Zone or Dev Central.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’