BT printers tested/suggested for use with the MC70

If any one has compiled, or is in the process of compiling, a list of BT enabled printers, that has been tested with the MC70, or any other Symbol HH, please share this information.  Any experiences with BT printing via the Symbol HHs would also be appreciated.

Thanks,

DK

Rob Sandler
I've got a BT printing demo

I've got a BT printing demo application to works on Zebra Printers.  My evaluation was done on an MC9000 brick.  It should work with any other WM OS product.

If you're interested, please let me know, and I will send you the demo.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Don Khan
Thanks for the response Rob..

Thanks for the response Rob...are you aware of any comissioned testing on BT printers, or BT adapters?  And yes, please forward the BT print demo.  I assume that the demo will work with the BT optioned QL, Cameo, or RW series of Zebra portables.

dk

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Andy Doorty
The Symbol Printer Manager is

The Symbol Printer Manager is on devzone. It allows for one Symbol generic call and support multiple printers. The documentation list the support printers.

We have a partner that we are validating today that is using a MC70 to a Zebra RW420 via bluetooth. They are using a 3rd party product called "PrinterCE" from a company called Field Software. It sounds similar to the Symbol Printer Manager.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Carl Pearson
Has anyone tried it on 909x

Has anyone tried it on 909x with WM 5.0?

I have a definite need for it in that environment!

Carl

Texas

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jim Fuccello
We have tested the following

We have tested the following printers with the MC70, MC9090, MC3000, and VRC:

1.  Zebra QL320
2.  Zebra Road Warrior RW 420
3.  O'Neil MF2T
4.  O'Neil MF4T

Note: Any printer that supports BT Serial and is a qualified BT 1.1 or 1.2 device should be expected to work with the aforementioned terminals.

The Accessories/Printer Team also has printer drivers for the four printers listed above.  These drivers are located elsewhere on Dev Central.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jim Fuccello
Hi.  Any BT printers that use

Hi.  Any BT printers that use a BT virtual serial port connection should work.  BTExplorer provides three virtual serial ports (4, 5, and 9).  Be sure to create a shortcut to the printer that uses one of these ports.  We also have an SDK demo app on Dev Central for download that prints and also can display barcode data from the LS4278 BT barcode scanner.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Don Khan
Valery,          Using the

Valery,

Using the Zebra print demo, you will need to PAIR the devices, and utilize PIN authentication between the Zebra printer and the MC70/MC9090 device.  This will avoid the com error issue.  I believe that WM5 is looking for a trusted device to assign the virtual com port (Security level in question..still looking into this).

You will need a serial cable (specific to the printer model), and the Zebra Label Vista utility to set the printer for authentication...set a PIN.

On the Symbol device using BT Explorer, launch the Connection Wizard and select "Pair with Remote Device".  Once the unit pairs it will prompt for the PIN, enter the PIN, and once authenticated, perform a connect.

Once you invoke the print demo it will prompt for the port assignment, select the respective port and ther should be no further problems!!!

I will do a formal step by step write up on this ASAP.

Cheers,

Don

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Rob Sandler
Try this and let me know how

Try this and let me know how it works for you.  I tried to make this very easy to use.  If I've missed, please let me know.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

James Morley-Smith
I believe any of the

I believe any of the bluetooth printers will work if you use the Symbol APD (adaptive printer driver), infact any printer!

Since Alan Fryett (UK printer guru and creator of the APD) is no longer with Symbol I think the point of contact is now Bhanu Prakash.

The APD is the printer driver which Symbol PocketBrowser uses.

James.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Sean Wheatley
The APD has also now been

The APD has also now been tested with WM 5.0 devices, I just had this reply from Deepak Khade.

"The same PPC2003 APD Kit (The present version) will work with WM05 Terminals also. We have tested it and it is working fine with WM05 Terminals."

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Tried to use Zebra demo with

Tried to use Zebra demo with MC9094 with QL220 - no luck. COM port open error, unable to connect to services etc. etc.

BT Explorer finds the printer, recognizes as a serial device and able to associate a serial port (COM4 or whatever).

Any step-by-step instructions on configuring BT printers on 9090 or other WM05 units?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Khazi-Syed Tahe...
Make sure that you are not

Make sure that you are not opening the COM port via BTExplorer and Zebra demo application at the same time.

Steps to connect to the BT Printer:

* Disable BTExplorer.

*Launch Zebra demo Application and open either COM 4, 5 or 9.

* BTExplorer come to foreground.

* Discover and connect to the BT printer.

* After sucessful connection, you should be able to print the data.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

William Szczuka
Try this the old one has

Try this the old one has problems with the 70
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jim Fuccello
We have added "Connect To

We have added "Connect To Printer" to the BTExplorer Wizard.  In addition to establishing the serial port shortcut (like "Associate a Serial Port" does) it also allows a test page to be printed.

This will be part of the next OS maintenance release.  Keep an eye out for a PMB.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’