ActiveSync Remote Display on CE5.0/Wm5.0

ActiveSync remote display is a very useful way of displaying the terminal screen on a desktop PC for training and other display purposes. It is part of the Micorsoft Power Tools (Windows Mobile Developer Power Toys http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=74473fd6-1dcc-47aa-ab28-6a2b006edfe9&DisplayLang=en).

Unfortunately whilst it works fine on WM2003/CE 4.2 and earlier it has not yet been updated by Microsoft for WM5.0/CE5.0.

However it is still possible to get it working on CE5.0/WM5.0, though with a little extra work.

Copy the two files in "C:\Program Files\Windows Mobile Developer Power Toys\ActiveSync_Remote_Display\devices\wce400\armv4t" to the \WINDOWS directory on your WM5.0/CE5.0 device using ActiveSync or any other file copy method.

When you fire up the shortcut for ActiveSync Remote Display on your PC, it bitches that "The OS or CPU of this device is unknown to this application" - just click OK and your WM5.0/CE5.0 display will appear on the PC as normal.

Bjorn Brox
I would also recommend

I would also recommend MyMobileR which is freeware and is working on all devices (including emulators) I have tested it on.

Does also require an Active Sync connection, but have some nice tools which is perfect for making documentation and to demonstrate the unit: It have buttoons for making snapshot of the screen to clipbord or file, record video and you can "skin" it and run it full-screen.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

guan ning
Thanks a lot!

Thanks a lot!
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Topic locked