Active Sync 4.1 problems (and solutions)

Hi all,

There can be many problems with an install of the new Active Sync 4.1 from Microsoft.

For those of you who are not faint of heart a visit Chris De Herrera's web site (outsde Symbol) at 

http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/activesync/tshoot-as4x.htm may help

Pages 12 on give details of just some of the problems that might be encountered !

Two other important points worth noting though.

1) When installing ActiveSync onto a PC it is often worth while NOT being part of any Domain when you do so. This always seems to work more reliably. Usa a local Admin account.

2). The Active Sync internal IP addresses have changed from 192.168.55.100/101 to 169.254.2.1/169.254.2.2. This should only be of interest if you are actively allowing/blocking ports on the PC but may be relevant for IP routing questions on the terminal.

Richard LH

Ivo Lentjes
Hello All, I have problems

Hello All,

I have problems with Active Sync in combination with the MC70 terminal, I have been able to connect with the terminal but at the moment it is not possible to connect with it.
I see a network connection being setup and will be connected but than the active sync stays disconnected. The green icon stays turning around.

I have installed ActiveSync 4.1 build 4841 on Windows XP.

Has anybody suggestions to solve this.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Try to do menu File -> Delete

Try to do menu File -> Delete partnership.

I'm using WM03 and WM05  devices and each time after connecting WM05 device I'm unable to sync with WM03 - though I can browse the filesystem without any problems. This "delete partnership" helps immediately - but it's... well... annoying.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Herbert De Jong
I saw an strong improvement

I saw an strong improvement when i installed ActiveSync 4.2 Beta

With his 4.2 installed it is now possible to connect to WM2003 and WM5.0 repectively, without restarting activesync or deleting partnerships.

it looks promising, but i quote Microsoft

" Because this is a beta, the ActiveSync 4.2 Beta Preview should not be used on production systems in
mission-critical environments. "

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/downloads/activesync42.mspx

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’