RhoElements 2: HTTP logging

I can't get HTTP logging to work on RhoElements 2.  This configuration worked with version 1:

    <LogProtocol   value="HTTP"/>

    <LogPort       value="22185"/>

    <LogURI        value="http://my.server:22185/logger"/>

With RhoElements 2, no joy.  No logfile either, so I have no idea what's going on.

Darryn Campbell
Hi DaveIs you app a native

Hi Dave

Is you app a native app (i.e. compiled using RhoStudio ) or are using the prebuilt runtimes and pointing it to your web pages?

Native application logging is configured the “rhodes” way via rhoconfig.txt:

http://docs.rhomobile.com/rhoelements/rhoelements2-native#logging-a-rhoe...

Hybrid apps should still use the config.xml settings you mention

http://docs.rhomobile.com/rhoelements/rhoelements2-webapps#logging-a-rho...

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

Points: 0

You voted ‘up’


Dave Causey
It's a pure HTML5 app running

It's a pure HTML5 app running on the prebuilt runtime, so I'm using the same <Logger> settings in Config.xml that work with RhoE 1.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

Points: 0

You voted ‘up’


Darryn Campbell
It's initially loading from a

It's initially loading from a different location specified in <StartPage>.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

Points: 0

You voted ‘up’


Robert Galvin
There is a sample HTTP

There is a sample HTTP listener app located: https://developer.motorolasolutions.com/docs/DOC-1004

You can can it if you wish to transform the log info into any format.

Dave - just to confirm - after you change the config.xml to remove the <!-- comments then all was good?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

Points: 0

You voted ‘up’


Dave Causey
I haven't been able to

I haven't been able to confirm that.  I switched back to RhoE 1 and it reported on the screen (unlike RhoE 2) that there was a problem with logging.  I fixed that problem by removing the comments from config.xml.  I haven't been back to RhoE 2 yet to try it out.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

Points: 0

You voted ‘up’


Dave Causey
I can't currently confirm

I can't currently confirm this, but this may be a result of using html comments <!-- like this, but with more than one line --> in Config.xml.  When I reverted to 1.0.3.11, logging failed with a visible alert and I was able to determine that the comments (an alternate configuration) were causing the problem.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

Points: 0

You voted ‘up’


Robin West
How do you call this logging

How do you call this logging from javascript? I can't find the manual entry.

Is this logging posted to a webserver in json format or plain text?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

Points: 0

You voted ‘up’


Dave Causey
I suppose it would be easy

I suppose it would be easy enough to implement an ajax logging interface for application logging, but I'm primarily interested in the RhoE error and warning messages.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

Points: 0

You voted ‘up’


Dave Causey
The log includes errors and

The log includes errors and warnings from RhoElements as well as console output (console.log) from Javascript.  RhoE 1.0.3 sends HTTP POST packets to the server with the logging data query encoded into the URL.  With RhoE 2, the server doesn't receive any communication.  I'll take it any way I can get it.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

Points: 0

You voted ‘up’


Log in to post comments