Android device build error

I have the RE v2 release version installed and can build a sample application for Windows Mobile (device) and Android (RhoSim). When I try to build for an Android device, I get the following error message:

C:\MotorolaRhoMobileSuite2.0.5\samples\stocktake\bin\tmp\AndroidManifest.xml:30:

error: No resource identifier found for attribute 'xlargeScreens' in package 'a

ndroid'

Any ideas as to what is causing this error and how to fix it (build.yml is attached) ?

Best Regards,

Ian Hatton

Anonymous (not verified)
Did the Build.yml fix your

Did the Build.yml fix your issue?

If not I think you need to target android 2.3 ( API Level 9) or above.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Bill/Patro, Thanks for the

Bill/Patro,

Thanks for the support. I will try the modified build.yml this evening and let you know if it resolves this issue.

Best Regards,

Ian Hatton

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
One additional question on

One additional question on this- when I build with either the -motorola_browser or -native_browser swich in build.yml , the APK file is the same size ( around 11MB). I would expect the native_browser switch to generate a smaller APK as it does not require the RE runtime files. Am I using the correct switch to generate a native browser app?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Ian,The build script

Hi Ian,

The build script should show an error if any of the build.yml parameters are invalid, the best way to be certain is to check the user agent (http://whatsmyuseragent.com/) The Motorola WebKit will contain 'Motorola' in the user agent by default.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Bhakta Ranjan S...
Hi Ian,When you build native

Hi Ian,

When you build native application with -native_browser then your build.yml should look like below.

#app_type: rhoelements

android:

extensions:

- barcode

- rainbow

- nfc

- digest

capabilities:

- network_state

- sdcard

- calendar

- native_browser

mapping: true

version: 4.0

And native application with - motorola_browser then your build.yml should look like below.

#app_type: rhoelements

android:

extensions:

- barcode

- rainbow

- nfc

- digest

capabilities:

- network_state

- sdcard

- calendar

- motorola_browser

mapping: true

version: 4.0

And one more thing you need to mention  - native_browser or - motorola_browser under capabilities of android  and app_type : rhoelements should be commented.

Hope this will help you to see the difference in size between .apk file with motorola_browser and .apk file with native_browser.

Thanks

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi, I am using the -native

Hi,

I am using the -native_browser entry in my build.yml file but it is still creating a large APK with RE included (when I check the contents of the APK  I can see that it includes a 16MB file called libwebkit_ekioh.so). I then created a new project and built it immediately via rake run:android:device and the file size is correct for native browser i.e. around 2.5MB. I will try to find out what the issue is with my original build.yml and update this post if I can identify what caused the problem. Thanks again for the suggestions above.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Bhakta Ranjan S...
Hi,When ever you will add app

Hi,

When ever you will add app_type: rhoelements in build.yml it will always include motorola web kit browser to the application.

So when you will try the scenario like - native_browser or motorola_browser comment out app_type: rhoelements

Hope this information will help you.

Thanks

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Ariana Habbaba
What is your Android API

What is your Android API level?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
API Level is 2.2

API Level is 2.2

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Ariana Habbaba
That's your device version

That's your device version.

There should be another number (from 1-15), which is your API level

Here, check this out

http://developer.android.com/guide/topics/manifest/supports-screens-element.html

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Nrusingha Chara...
Hello Ian,Please try to build

Hello Ian,

Please try to build you application for android with attached build.yml

Please check the path of sdk and ndk in rhobuild.yml file

Thank You.

Patro

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Alexey Tikhvinsky
What Android SDK target API

What Android SDK target API you have installed? You need one of most latest Android SDK target API to build Rhodes.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
I reinstalled the Android SDK

I reinstalled the Android SDK via the link in http://docs.rhomobile.com/rhodes/build#build-for-android and the device build is now working OK . Thanks for the suggestions above.

Best Regards,

Ian Hatton

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Alexey Tikhvinsky
Looks like you just

Looks like you just downloaded Android SDK starter package with latest API target inside...

Please take into account that from time to time Google makes new releases with new target API versions. You do not need to reinstall it everytime. Just run Android SDK Manager form start menu or 'android sdk' from command line. It will allow to update/install new tools and targets.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Darryn Campbell
The actual situation was that

The actual situation was that I had an Android SDK which worked OK for all previous RE v2 beta releases but stopped working with the first public release. I decided to reinstall the SDK in a different location as I wanted to keep the existing SDK for use with some other dev tools.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’