Programatic Credentials input

For this Correos project that involves 25,000 MC70s, the integrator (IECISA) has proposed to Correos to use a "single sign-on" application, i.e that both application and supplicant use the same credentials. The user should only type them once, and then the application should forward them to Fusion. This is a way to make sure both match. Correos liked it very much.

No current or future APIs seem to do this.

We suggested to invoke Wireless Login (as hidden) and send it the credentials via Windows messages, as a work-around, but they did not like this at all.

I wonder if Wireless Login could accept command line arguments. This would do too.

Any ideas/suggestions?

By the way, this integrator claims that Psion and Intermec can do. It's maybe true. They are also offering them to Correos.

Latest news: Yes, Intermec can, since they use Odyssey's APIs which allow it.

Christopher Sather
I need this capability as

I need this capability as well.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Juan-Antonio Ma...
I wrote this application to

I wrote this application to do so (eVC4). It invokes wcelogin.exe, which calls the service that prompts for credentials, and then I inject them. It works 99% of the times, but sometimes wcelogin fails, for unknown reasons.

It works in two ways, with no command line arguments, it switches off the radio (as my customer required). With 2 arguments, it first switches down, then up (to start from zero and prevent a funny behaviour of Fusion) and then injects the credentials.

One thing you cannot prevent is when credentials are wrong: depending on Auth Server configuration, it may tell Fusion supplicant to re-ask or not. In the first case, a new popup will display to reenter the right credentials, so another programme (daemon) should be there running all the time just to kill it (and this is not easy, since there is a "Are you sure?" box that pops up and is bloody hard to kill). In the second, switching down and up the radio does the thing, otherwise fusion simply ignores new logins if auth process is not finished.

I hope this helps, but test it carefully.

Ah, by the way, it works 99% of the times on Fusion 2.2. With 2.4, it fails every other time or so...

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

David Meyer
This smells like a GRIP

This smells like a GRIP request to me.  Right now Fusion does not have a way to programatically send it credentials through the registry or through Wireless Login.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

David Meyer
All, When Fusion's login

All,

When Fusion's login screen is "cancelled" or recieves a windows message of ID_CANCEL,  The are you sure dialog will come up.  If you choose "Yes", the profile will be "cancelled" or essentially disabled.  To recover from this, a user would have to either actively log into the profile again (run WCLogin) or try connecting to the profile in the Manage Profiles page.  I am not sure what kinds of changes their are in Fusion 2.4, but I doubt that it works much differently.

The application that Mark Cipriotti mentioned would probably cause the profile to be cancelled also.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Juan-Antonio Ma...
Yes, if wcelogin is unabled w

Yes, if wcelogin is unabled w/ winclose, it could not be launched from my application.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Christopher Sather
I am working down a path of

I am working down a path of caching the credentials via the owner control panel applet.  On CE5.0, you can do the following:

1. Set an owner name

2. Select the network ID tab, and enter the user, password, and domain.

3.  This is warm boot persistant.  I used reg save to capture the differences, but the credential manager did not recognize the keys on cold boot

this is information i have from Microsoft on the source for this:

Since you are the OEM, you actually have access to the code which does this, in Platform Builder. C:\WINCE500\PUBLIC\WCESHELLFE\OAK\CTLPNL\CPLMAIN\owner.cpp makes all the necessary calls to set the user's default credentials. Look at the function named CacheDomainCredential(...). It should demonstrate all the functionality you need. If you personally don't have access to the PB source code, you can contact one of the platform developers within your organization, or simply download the evaluation edition of PB 5.0 from Microsoft's web site and install it with the shared source. Note that the path I've given to owner.cpp assumes you accept the default installation directory.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Christopher Sather
I opened GRIP Request 4092

I opened GRIP Request 4092 and CPR 20593 for this issue.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Juan-Antonio Ma...
I also gripped this, as well

I also gripped this, as well as another problem, which is that Fusion tells the OS there is link if IP is static despite it has not been authenticated.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Juan-Antonio Ma...
Thanks Dave, I already tried

Thanks Dave, I already tried it to no avail.

Maybe it has to do with fact that FAPI_UserCredential structure members bPromptForCredentials and bProfileCredentialsPrecedence are said to be Future in the documentation. I guess this means "not implemented", but it's not clear:

bPromptForCredentials

Flag that indicates whether to prompt for user credentials or not. (Future)

bProfileCredentialsPrecedence

Flag that indicates whether the provided credential information overrides the existing profile credential information. (Future)

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Cipriotti
Have you tried the WinCloser

Have you tried the WinCloser application on DevZone help with closing those popups?
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

David Meyer
All, The Fusion 2.4 API has a

All,

The Fusion 2.4 API has a command called USER_CREDENTIAL_WLAN_OVERRIDE.  This can be used to set the credentials.

Look at the documentation on DevZone under the SMDKs for Mobile Computing.

-Dave

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’