active-x objects on MC50

This one is for all you programmers out there...

I have a customer porting a thin client application from the 8100 to the MC50. He has issues loading Active X objects.

According to the customer:
Because of some patent infringement lawsuit, Microsoft has changed the way it loads objects on a web page. Now, before it loads, you get a pop-up that says click here to continue loading the page. I need a way around that.

I’ve tried the Microsoft suggested methods and a few I found on the internet with no luck. I was wondering if you had come across a method for circumventing this behavior. If you remember, our application resides on a server and the MC50 loads an ActiveX object to access its serial ports. So for every data gathering event, you get that little pop-up. Annoying!

Anyone know of a work-around for this?

Thanks,
Mark
Steve Wheatley
Mark, We have a patch that

Mark,

We have a patch that Microsoft helped us with for another opportunity.  I'll have to dig it out...as we did this 'pre-morph'...so may take me a bit.  Fire me an email and I'll get it to you.

It's not been system tested, however.

Thanks

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Gene Niles
I think you need to expose

I think you need to expose the IProvideClassInfo2 interface in your object to avoid this message.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

michael jones
hello.   here is how i get

hello.

here is how i get around the problem:

i have a separate javascript file (objectload.js) with the following content:

function LoadVisualControl(strId, strClass, intHeight, intWidth)

{

try{

document.write('<object id="' + strId + '" classid="CLSID:' + strClass + '" height="' + intHeight + '" width="' + intWidth + '"></object>\n');

}

catch(ex){

alert("Error: cannot load object - " + strClass);

}

}

function LoadNonVisualControl(strId, strClass)

{

try{

document.write('<object id="' + strId + '" classid="CLSID:' + strClass + '"></object>\n');

}

catch(ex){

alert("Error: cannot load object - " + strClass);

}

}

and then on my pages where i need the object i do the following:

<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/objectload.js"/>
<script type="text/javascript">

LoadVisualControl("objMenu", "9C3FA5BF-8CDB-4558-9DA4-88367BE3D611", "20px", "25px");
</script>

just remember to change out the name of the object and the guid of object.

-michael.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’