!! URGENT !! How to enable Bluetooth on BTExplorer automatically after boot

Is it possible to enable Bluetooth on BTExplorer automatically after boot on MC70?? I tried changing some registry as listed below, but  it doesn't work. 

It seems that BTElorerMenu.exe always make bluetooth disable by default when you run the application.

I really need this solution urgently for my customer due to request from the field. Please advice.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\State]

"Bluetooth"=dword:00000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Stonestreet One\BTExplorer\Device Settings]
"ConnectabilityMode"=dword:00000001
"DiscoverabilityMode"=dword:00000001

Jim Fuccello
Hi Paul, Can you post

Hi Paul,

Can you post Symscript in the SEVT->Bluetooth forum if you haven't already.  Thanks.

Jim

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kultida Chataru...
Is it also possible to call

Is it also possible to call and run SymScript from my own application?  If so, can I symply connect to an existing Bluetooth profile using SymScript?

Thank you,

Kultida

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

paul hurford
Hello Kultida, You can use

Hello Kultida,

You can use the Microsoft API BthSetMode() to control the BT power on the MC70 - this is what I do.

You can run the script from within your application by running SymScript with the API CreateProcess(). use the command line and run SymScriptWM.exe

/SCRIPT:\Application\YourScript.spt
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jim Fuccello
Please do not change the

Please do not change the regiatry settings you mentioned.  The BT radio is not a MS-power managed device anyway.

I don't think that Symbscript will work either unless someone updated it for TNT1 BT.

Please follow this link to directions to enable and disable the TNT1 BT programatically:

https://devcentral.symbol.com/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=61&MessageID=1963

Jim

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

paul hurford
Hello Jim, The script works

Hello Jim,

The script works on the MC70.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

paul hurford
Hi, One possible solution,

Hi,

One possible solution,

SymScript has 3 BT commands - BTOnConnectable, BTOnDiscoverable and BTOff. Either BTOnConnectable or BTOnDiscoverable will turn the BT radio on.

i.e.

ShowTaskBarIcons()
WaitForProcess "weclome.exe"
BTOnDiscoverable()
:END

The WaitForProcess is a new command and is in the attached version of SymScript. To run on a warm/cold boot after selecting the script, select "Autostart script on startup" then warm boot.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

paul hurford
Hi, Attached is the script

Hi,

Attached is the script to turn the BT radio on when every the script is run.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’