Access Point from Enterasys and different issues

Hello to all:

Recently  I have visited a customer who wants to buy MC9090G, but they already have WIFI Access Points from Enterasys. The exxact model of the AP is AP4102  o RBT4102
The firmware version in this AP is 1.1.25

On the MC9090G, they want to use Terminal Services to connect to the host computer, and they use TKIP in the AP .

I have tested our MC9090G with TKIP and Terminal services and Enterasys AP, but it does not work. So I have used our AP to test this (AP4131) and it works correctly.

I have also done several test with different terminals and WIFI security in our AP and Enterasys AP. The test shows the following:

MC9090G - TKIP - Esterasys AP - Terminal Services = not working

MC9090G - TKIP - Symbol AP - Terminal Services = works

MC3090G - TKIP - Esterasys AP - Terminal Services = not working

MC3090G - TKIP - Symbol AP - Terminal Services = works

MC50 - TKIP - Esterasys AP - Terminal Services = works

MC50 - TKIP - Symbol AP - Terminal Services = works 

If the AP was configured with WEP 128 or WEP 40 instead of TKIP, the MC9090 did not even see the WLAN (find WLAN from menu, or creating it manually)

Has anybody run into this? Can somebody help out?

Thanks in advance and best regard

Echeve

JoseMaria Echeverria
Hello : I just tested Rev D

Hello :

I just tested Rev D with the same results.

Any other suggestion will be more than welcome

 

Thanks and best regards

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

Points: 0

You voted ‘up’


JoseMaria Echeverria
Hello Mark: When I all the

Hello Mark:

When I all the testing, Rev D was not released yet. So no, I did not test it back in July.

Knowing that it is available now, I will test it right away.

Thanks and best regards

Echeve

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

Points: 0

You voted ‘up’


Mark Mann
Echeve, Have you tried

Echeve,

Have you tried upgrading the MC9090 to the latest software Rev D to see if this is a fusion issue?

 

Sincerely,

 

Mark

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

Points: 0

You voted ‘up’


Dirk-Jan Van de Laer
The issue here was the MTU.  

The issue here was the MTU.

 

Synopsis: using a Symbol Mobile 2005 device in combination with TKIP failed to communicate. However ping was possible. However the same setup was functioning on our MC50.

Problem: MTU. The MTU on the MC50 is set to 1544. The MTU on the new Mobile 2005 devices is set to 1536. 1536 is the default MTU in all microsoft devices and most of the time in all network devices.

Solution: change the MTU in the AP to 1536, by changin the Maximum Fragmetn Size to 1536.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

Points: 0

You voted ‘up’


Log in to post comments