APIs for XRs

Hello Team:
this is to let you know that we now have .NET XR APIs for server/host based as well as embedded/reader based application development. I am going to setup the link for the downloads (API dlls, sample code & documentation).

Going forward, i would urge you to use DevCentral's SEVT-RFID/Software API & Tools forum to exchange ideas. I will be constantly communicating through this forum.

In the meantime i am attaching the complete APIs package with this message.

-Thanks,
Manpreet
Susan Flake
1. Update the firmware from a

1. Update the firmware from a command prompt.  Enable users to mass update.

2. Public RSSI

3. Better control over antenna switching –  allow the ability to define the amount of time spent on each port, among other things.

4. If as the user doc indicates it is for the RD5000 - proximity and motion sensor control

5. Fix Write Tag ID on Gen2 for launch

6. The reader time property, can you set the reader date and time from the host via an api call, we were previously not able to do this

7. Additional access to the Gen 2 algorithm settings via the api, like Q, Inventory Flag and Selection Mask.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Susan Flake
can this info be shared with

can this info be shared with Partners?
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Manpreet Singh
yes please

yes please
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Charles Worm
Manpreeth,   I will send them

Manpreeth,

I will send them to our Partner Mieloo & Alexander for evaluation and I will keep you informed about their comments.

Charles

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Manpreet Singh
Attached is the latest APIs

Attached is the latest APIs with Sample code and Documentation as well.

Enjoy
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Manpreet Singh
Guys, we are going to have a

Guys,
we are going to have a training session sometime this week and i will inform you all about this.

We will provide Java APIs as well and they can run on Linux. If you see the need for C APIs that run on Linux then please let me know.

-Manpreet
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Manpreet Singh
Team: We A customer has got

Team: We A customer has got access to the APIs posted here on devcentral & has recently called Symbol's Service Center asking about questions related to the APIs. This is WRONG!

Please be advised that the APIs are only for select/trusted partners; and are NOT released yet. This means that APIs should never get to an end customer.

More importantly partners/customers should NOT call Service Center with any questions about un-released products.

Please make sure that all the questions related to the APIs and IBM-WRDI are directed to DevCentral and NOT service center.

When the APIs are released, we will send out a PMB and other marketing messages to inform the community about the event. Service Center should be called ONLY when the APIs are posted on http://DevZone.symbol.com; which means that APIs are available in the released from.

Please help me help you.

-Regards,
Manpreet
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kei Kuroi
Do we still have plan of

Do we still have plan of supporting SAP AII interface ?

Cheers,
Kei
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Manpreet Singh
No formal plans. Peak

No formal plans. Peak Technologies, a partner, are working on this.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kei Kuroi
Hello. What kind of

Hello.

What kind of filtering functionarity is currently supported in C-API?

Cheers,
Kei
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Susan Flake
Helpful Tips for Installation

Helpful Tips for Installation

If you run into problems with the SerialIO.dll during the SymReader.Connect() call then....

The serialIO.dll is a native WinCE dll and is needed to control a few serial lines while using the WJ RFID module.  Copy the serialIO.dll into the same folder as Symbol CE SDK and your client application. You do not have to reference the serioIO.dll in your application. This dll is used and loaded dynamically by symbol SDK.  It can also be copied in System folder on Win CE.

If the serialIO.dll is placed in the right location, you should be able to use the sample test application to read/write the tags.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Manpreet, I don't see any

Hi Manpreet,

I don't see any attachements...

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Manpreet Singh
oops... done now

oops...

done now
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Manpreet Singh
Team: Since i did not get any

Team: Since i did not get any feedback, there could be two reasons:

1). you love the APIs and are completely happy with it
2). You haven't looks at them yet.

My gut feeling is that it's (2).

So, lets get this undeway so that we can roll your valuable feedback into the product for the release version.

Please urge Symbol Partners and Customers to use these APIs instead of Byte-Stream & HTTP directly. It will make our lives simple.

-Regards,
Manpreet
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Manpreet, Several comments

Hi Manpreet,

Several comments:

Source code samples? This is the must.

Installation instructions? I'm not a programmer so probably this is a dumb question...

There is an XML file with a reader configuration - what is it for? Changing it seems has no effect on SymbolReaderAnalyser.exe sample (sample?)

Release notes say that it's for Apex and XR. The only XR references in help file are for XR480 - does SDK support XR400 as well?

Anyway like the whole idea - the use of this SDK will be much easier that HTTP or Bytestream from the scratch.

Regards,
Valery

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Manpreet Singh
Attached are the delivery

Attached are the delivery dates for APIs for XRs and RD5000; along with Symbol Provider for Microsoft's RFID Framework.

The provide will be available for RD5000 and all XRs

-Manpreet
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Wallace Tse
Hi Manpreet, The sample

Hi Manpreet,

The sample program does not work on XR400. I change <IPAdress> and <Authentification> to match the current settings of the reader. However, I got the error message 'Error in setting configuration. Reader not initialized." while running the program.

Is there a way to set the network settings (IP address, Netmask, Gateway ...) through the APIs?

Do you plan to release the APIs that support in Linux platform?

Regards,

Wallace

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Manpreet Singh
As promised, here is the next

As promised, here is the next release of the APIs. Here are additional new features. Now you can remotely control the RD5000 reader as well (how easy is that).

XR Host Based Provider for 2.4.0 firmware
Read / Write functionality
GPIO functionality
Management events for antenna and reader
Test application to test reader functionality
Example code to get started with development
Reference architecture guide with usage description of
test application

RD5000 SDK for WinCE
Read / Write functionality
Reader Capability
Example code to test reader functionality
Reference architecture guide with usage description of
test application
LLRP deamon to connect the RD to host based SDK

Please provide your & Partners feedback directly to me; and we will incorporate that in Nov 15th release.

-Regards,
Manpreet
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’