2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2012 11:02 AM by Lars Burgess

RhoHub remote build of RhoElements v2 project issue

DANIEL PARK

Team,

If I attempt to build a RhoElements v2 app for Windows Mobile remotely on RhoHub it will fail.

Can we do remote builds on RhoHub on apps with app_type: "rhoelements"?

I can see that if we generate a Rhodes app on RhoHub the latest version is 3.3.2 however RhoElements uses 3.3.3. 

Is there any workaround for this?

See below for log of build attempt:

PWD: c:/rhohub/sdk/rhodes-3.3.2/platform/wm

CMD: vcbuild /M4 rhodes.sln "Release|Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Professional DTK (ARMV4I)"

RET: Microsoft (R) Visual C++ Project Builder - Command Line Version 8.00.50727

RET: Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1993-2003. All rights reserved.

RET:

vcbuild.exe : error VCBLD0007: Could not find project configuration RELEASE|WINDOWS MOBILE 6.5.3 PROFESSIONAL DTK (ARMV4I) to build.

vcbuild.exe : error VCBLD0007: Could not find project configuration RELEASE|WINDOWS MOBILE 6.5.3 PROFESSIONAL DTK (ARMV4I) to build.

RET:

RET: Build complete: 0 Projects succeeded, 0 Projects failed, 0 Projects skipped

rake aborted!

No such file or directory - c:/rhohub/sdk/rhodes-3.3.2/platform/wm/bin/Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Professional DTK (ARMV4I)/rhodes/Release/rhodes.exe

Tasks: TOP => device:wm:production

(See full trace by running task with --trace)

Microsoft (R) Visual C++ Project Builder - Command Line Version 8.00.50727

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1993-2003. All rights reserved.

Build complete: 0 Projects succeeded, 0 Projects failed, 0 Projects skipped

• Re: RhoHub remote build of RhoElements v2 project issue
          DANIEL PARK

OK as an update:

I pulled the below out of the Build.yml and the build on RhoHub completed, however when I put the app onto a device it renders very poorly, and the images are not sene and most importantly, the barcode scanner does not work. (note: it all works when built locally):

wm:

sdk: "Windows Mobile 6.5.3 Professional DTK (ARMV4I)"

I also tried a remote build aimed at Android. The rendering was better however the barcode scanner again did not work. (again note that the barcode scanner does work when built locally).

I can only assume that remote builds are currently not supported on the released version of Rholements v2.

regards,

Daniel