1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 11, 2012 7:33 AM by Efren ONeill

Taking a simple picture

I am new to RhoStudio and have found the documentation confusing and lacking.  I hope the problem is that I do not understand how to use it.

Anyways, I am trying to simply provide a link to the user so he can take a picture and show this picture on the view.  I am working with an Android the device.  I understand that pictures can only be taken from Ruby, so I created a controller holding an action which will take the picture.  In my view, I placed a link like the one below:

<a id="lnkTakePicture" href="javascript:take_picture();">Take a picture</a>

The following script is placed at the top of the view where the link is declared.

<script type="text/javascript">

function take_picture() {

$.get('/app/Utils/take_picture', {});

}

</script>

The controller UtilsController is declared and has action take_picture defined.

As expected, the link is shown correctly.  However, when I click on the link, the Web Inspector shows the message "Can't find variable: take_picture".

Is there a reason for the view not to recognize take_picture as a function rather than a variable?

• Re: Taking a simple picture

Found the problem.  The <script> block must be declared inside

<div data-role="page"></div>

I work with ASP.NET MVC and a <script> block can be declare anywhere in the view.  This is what caused my confusion.

Again, bad documentation.  I pretty much had to guess what was happening.