Do you install rhoelements gem?
On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 12:32 AM, Steven Raines <
Yes. you should run this script
I I'd run it. Have switched to using the windows environment
It seems like I'm having a similar problem while trying to run Rhostudio on OSX 10.8.2.
I followed the Rhostudio installation tutorial http://docs.rhomobile.com/rhostudio.tutorial using RMS_188.8.131.52.dmg.
Here's what I did:
- Installed rvm (had some problems with the gcc compiler while compiling Ruby 1.9.3p374, but they were solved). I followed the instructions from https://rvm.io/rvm/install/ and solved the compilation error by installing apple gcc4.
- Ran the Install gems script from the installation package. No problems here.
- Ran the Install rhoconnect-push script from the installation package. Asked me to install node-js first, so I decided to install it later since I'm not planning to use rhoconnect for now.
- Checked ruby version ($ ruby -v), and got this: ruby 1.9.3p374 (2013-01-15 revision 38858) [x86_64-darwin12.2.1]
- Checked installed gems ($ gem list) and got this:
- *** LOCAL GEMS ***
- rack (1.5.2, 1.5.1)
- rack-protection (1.3.2)
- rake (10.0.3, 0.9.2.2)
- rdoc (3.12.1, 3.9.4)
- redis (3.0.2)
- redis-namespace (1.2.1)
- resque (1.23.0)
- rest-client (1.6.7)
- rhoconnect (3.4.2)
- rhoconnect-adapters (1.0.6, 1.0.5)
- rhodes (184.108.40.206)
- rhodes-translator (0.0.4)
- rhoelements (220.127.116.11)
- rhohub (1.0)
- rhomobile-debug (1.0.6)
- rubygems-bundler (1.1.0)
- rvm (18.104.22.168)
- Copied Rhostudio into the Applications folder.
- Ran Rhostudio from the Launchpad.
- In Rhostudio File > New > Rhomobile Application > Finish and I get the following message: "Cannot find Rhodes/Rhoelements ....."
- Tried setting the Java and Ruby Interpreter path (using the values of $ which ruby / java) in the preferences of RhoStudio, and still not working.
This problem was also discussed here, and a (rather temporal) solution was provided. I'm looking for a definitive solution (if there's one). Any help will be appreciated.