SB1 and team Express

Hello,

I work on Leroy Merlin SB1 pilote. I have to set up a Team Express configuration. Group1 and Team Express enabled on each SB1 with a headset. I succeeded a PTT scenario one time but most of the time, I hear a beep when I keep pushing the PtT button on the headset.

Each SB1 have been previously updated with BSP 13.5 method posted on https://developer.motorolasolutions.com/thread/1919

Any successful experience to share with me?

David

Michael Livoti
There is a bug in the 1.1.38

There is a bug in the 1.1.38-0446  release of Team Express when using DHCP that exposes itself in the way described. Please try using Static IP's and if the problem goes away look to upgrade.

Note there are a few flavors of 1.1.38 so when you can please look to upgrade to a newer BSP or keep life simple by using Static IP's to start.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Erick Rondin
Michael,I updated the devices

Michael,

I updated the devices to BSP17 and here my comments on the TEAM Express  usage :

• Sound is too low, even if it is setup on maximum on the Settings UI and also on the PTT headset
  • Lots of crackling, after each word, very uncomfortable
  • Very frequently the PTT communication is frozen. Need to Push several time on the PTT button to retrieve the communication
  • Sometimes after PTT freez a very long beep can be hear, Need to Push several time on the PTT button to stop it

The WLAN infrastructure is already used by other Team Express client EWB and EWP that work very well.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Michael Livoti
First don’t compare QoS to

First don’t compare QoS to Team PTT because it’s based on unicast a reliable transport.  The EWB is a great comparison but I can tell you the TE client simply is not there YET unless you’re operating in a very clean environment on a more mature device. Example – Latest client on Nano and N sounded like the EWP in our open lab environment test today.  

Now in our lab to each of your observations:

• Sound is too low, even if it is setup on maximum on the Settings UI and also on the PTT headset

MVL – Agreed - Opening a CQ on the issue today.

• Lots of crackling, after each word, very uncomfortable

MVL –

• We have a new client coming out soon that offers a marginal improvement in QoS. Multiple CQ's open on several general issues.
    • Screen updates appear to noticeably impact QoS so try with the device stationary. CQ is open on the issue.
    • Finally we hear a background noise (static like) which we believe is device audio issue. If what you’re hearing is consistent
      across all calls during the entire call then that may be your problem.  CQ is open on the issue already.

• Very frequently the PTT communication is frozen. Need to Push several time on the PTT button to retrieve the
    communication

MVL – Confused “Need to Push several time on the PTT button to retrieve the communication” if you mean make a group call
the problem could be your head set button. I believe at one point we did have issues and they were addressed at the manufacture. Please try another headset.

• Sometimes after PTT freez a very long beep can be hear, Need to Push several time on the PTT button to stop it

MVL – what you’re hearing I believe is an error tone indicating you’re off network or you think your off network. One of the open CQ's sounds simular but it does not happen frequently - Client gets confused thinking your off the air but not.

Good Feedback!!

Thank You

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Hennie Hageman
Hi Michael,You say that the

Hi Michael,

You say that the EWB is a great comparison but we are not there yet.

To set the right expectation to our customer do you expect we will reach the EWB100 quality on the SB1?

Thanks.

Hennie Hageman

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Michael Livoti
That would be my personal

That would be my personal objective but i think its early to set real expectation.

mike

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Michael Livoti
I’m going to be very

I’m going to be very interested in hearing your opinion of the next release of Team Express. I think the team did a really good job cleaning up the quality of the group call and the consistency of its delivery across multiple receivers such that floor management should be much easier.

Please be on the look-out for the .44 release and give it a try.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Erick Rondin
Mike,Since I upgraded the SB1

Mike,

Since I upgraded the SB1 to BSP20, I am not able to communicate between SB1 or other Team Express devices.

When I psuh the PTT button on the SB1, I can hear the beep sound indicating I take the line but there is no sound on the other side when talking into my SB1. The PTT is even worse than before with previous BSP because now I have a never ending beep into the headset. I really don't know how to resolve that but nothing in my configuration has changed. If you have an idea I am interested.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Michael Livoti
BSP20 has TE release .43 and

BSP20 has TE release .43 and NOT .44 which is what I believe shows the greatest improvement. 

Now I’m confused so I’m going to ask a questions–

When you say you hear a tone you mean on the receiving device correct and not the device initiating the call? If it’s the device initiating the call it’s an error indicating the device can’t make the group call.

If you actually are capturing the floor there are multiple reasons another devices would not hear the floor with the most likely being – WLAN gear is not configured properly for multicast.

While you are answering above I’ll find out which BSP has .44.

mike

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Erick Rondin
Mike,I confirm the long beep

Mike,

I confirm the long beep I hear is on the SB1 that initiate the communication. I am never able to do any communication on all the SB1 running BSP20. On the same wireless architecture I have Team Badges and SB1 running BSP17 that works correctly (except the SB1 that does not release the communication, already reported in my previous emails). When looking into the wireless traces, we never see any communication coming from the SB1 BSP20. I am totally disapointed since BSP20 upgrade that was supposed to resolve PTT issues.

What is the .44 bsp ? How to get it ?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Michael Livoti
Ok so it sounds to me like

Ok so it sounds to me like the devices is not associated to the WLAN or Team Express is disabled in the setup menus.

There is no hard commitment on the release date for a BSP that will support Team Express release 1.1.44 or greater and unfortunatelly i have no idea how you can get it other than to say speak with Dave.  

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Erick Rondin
Mike,I think we find the root

Mike,

I think we find the root cause of the issue : when in made the BSP20 upgrade, the EV3.5 Application folder was pushed on my  device. Since I replaced it with the EV3.0 Application folder, Team Express works perfectly, no more beep sound, no more crackling.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Michael Livoti
Excellent but wait till you

Excellent but wait till you hear TE version 1.1.44 (or greater) in BSP 22 (or greater). It’s much more consistent across changing environmental conditions and has a much improved cadence in association with the sender.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Erick Rondin
Michael,I was in the customer

Michael,

I was in the customer lab today and the PTT was working not to bad, just few remarks :

• Always some crackling
  • Very long shift between the talk and the moment you receive the sound

Does this issues can be resolved by some parameters on the infrastructure. The one we use is a Cisco one where we activate Multicast, setup DTIM to 2, change beacon interval to 100 and activate WMM.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Michael Livoti
I think the new Client 1.1.44

I think the new Client 1.1.44 or above will address your issues because I’m guessing the problem is related to the quality of your environment. I'm assuming this is local AP servicing the lab only? One more possible AP configuration concern - make sure you have 2 or 6 enabled as your low data rate. The lower the better the reliability and Cisco defaults to reliability in terms of transmitting multicast. NOTE Motorola defaults to throughput or the higher rate.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Ricardo Teixeira
Hi David,I’ve tried Team

Hi David,

I’ve tried Team Express in BSP 13.5 and I was not able to put it working.

Regards,

RiT

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’