Rhoelements app build in windows device

I have a rhoelements app that I would like to run on windows devices...can someone guide me how to do that.I am using windows 7 64 bit.

Peter Arcuri
I presume you have a RhoEv1

I presume you have a RhoEv1 app and you'd like to package it up with RhoStudio to create a cab file for distribution. If this is the case then follow the steps below.

Create a new project in RhoStudio, say myWebApp

Copy your RhoElements version1 files into the myWebApp “Public” folder located in the RhoStudo workspace.

Go to myWebApp project in RhoStudio and edit “rhoconfig.txt” to point it to your new starting page.

(NOTE: there is a bug in version 2 that will override this change so change the file directly by navigatigating to the file located \workspace\myWebApp

CHANGE

# startup page for your application

start_path = '/app'

TO

# startup page for your application

start_path = '/public/myWebApp.html'

Save the file

Go to myWebApp project in RhoStudio and remove the default tool bar in “application.rb”

by  uncommenting the line below

FROM

#@@toolbar = nil

TO

@@toolbar = nil

Save all and you’re done.

Checkout the link below for workaround to run your app in the Simulator.

https://developer.motorolasolutions.com/message/3606#3606

If you have VS2008 and its WM SDKs installed and paths identified in RhoStudio you are set to build the package by selecting your app (myWebApp) project followed by selecting RhoMobile>Production Build> WM from the toolbar.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Divyansh Madan
no its a version 2 app built

no its a version 2 app built in rhostudio only

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kevin Lollock
Check out http://docs

Check out http://docs.rhomobile.com/rhostudio.tutorial#creating-a-device-build-in-rhostudio - there is a good overview of the build process. The key is making sure you have the proper SDK installed and the path settings are correct. In fact, the entire thread there in the tutorial is a great overview.

Hope that helps!

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Divyansh Madan
I have looked into this but I

I have looked into this but I am looking for windows device,not android.Secondly I am not able to get visual studio so that why I am looking for this.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kevin Lollock
Understood. Android is there

Understood. Android is there as an example. To target windows mobile, you would define that in Platfrom field of your run configuration. That being said though, your local system would require the target platform SDK which, for windows mobile, is visual studio.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Divyansh Madan
do we need vs 2008

do we need vs 2008 specifically or trial version of 2010 would also do?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kevin Lollock
I've played with the VS2008

I've played with the VS2008 trial version (have not tried VS2010). The link for the VS2008 trial is at: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=3713

Hope that helps!

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Divyansh Madan
the link gives the option for

the link gives the option for an .iso file so would that work...because as far as i remember it doesnt work

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kevin Lollock
The link provided above is

The link provided above is the .iso for VS2008 pro trial. You'll need to burn it to a dvd or use a direct .iso read utility like isobuster or winrar or something like that.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Peter Arcuri
VS 2008 Express not allow you

VS 2008 Express not allow you to install the Windows Mobile SDK...The Trial should work but is limited.

If you like i can provide a link where you can purchase VS2008 professional for one-time $149.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
VS2010 does not support Win

VS2010 does not support Win Mobile or CE apps, you need VS2008.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’