2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 26, 2012 12:05 PM by Paily Njarlangattil

Upgrading to RhoStudio 3.3.3 - project file 'rhodes.sln' was not found or not a valid project file.

For the last year i have been developing against Rhomobile 2.2.2, but i wish to install the new Rhode Studio 3.3.3 to be able to utilize the newer features. Unfortunately, i have been encountering some difficulty. I am trying to create applications for win mobile 6.1 devices.

So i installed VS2008, since Rhostudio requirements doesn't seem to support VS2005

I followed the instructions on installing and creating an application using the new ide,  i created a new Rhomobile application, but when i attempted to build the application to run on windows mobile device, the compiler seems to fail when running the

PWD: C:/MotorolaRhoMobileSuite2.0.5/ruby/lib/ruby/gems/1.9.1/gems/rhodes-3.3.3/platform/wm

CMD: vcbuild /M4 rhodes.sln "Release|Windows Mobile 6 Professional SDK (ARMV4I)"

command, with the error stating

Error: project file 'rhodes.sln' was not found or not a valid project file.

Microsoft (R) Visual C++ Project Builder - Command Line Version 8.00.50727

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corp 1993-2003. All rights reserved.

Error building

Error in build application

I've attached the console log for full details.

please note, even if try to run the rake command in command prompt (rake run:wm:device), i still get the same error.