How do you verify IP address that was obtained over the WWAN on a MC70?

I have a customer who needs to verify the IP address that was that set up through thier cellular provider.  How do you verify IP address that was obtained over the WWAN \ cellular network on a MC70?

Anonymous (not verified)
If they wish to do this in

If they wish to do this in there code/application, and then use the
notification George mentions and then use the IP helper functions to get the IP
address for the WAN adapter - You do not need to use TAPI for this.

If outside of there application you can apply the same logic with a script i.e.
detect the IP address change (uses the same notification) and get the IP address for the WAN adapter.

Not quite sure what you mean by verify the IP address.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

George Dellaratta
The application can register

The application can register for notification of IP address change by using the NotifyAddrChange function call to be notified whenever an IP address changes.  Refer to MSDN.microsoft.com for additional details on this function.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Richard Linsley-Hood
I have source code (C) that

I have source code (C) that can be incorporated into any application that reads all this from TAPI if that will help.

Richard LH
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Sheref El Sabawy
Hi Team,    There is a

Hi Team,
   There is a protocol which is usually used for VoIP devices to recogize the Global IP address accross NATed networks called STUN. Where the device point to a global server like STUN.xten.com. The pointed server reply the call with the global IP address of the calling device.
Any chance we can deploy such a standard call to get the global IP address as a function of Fusion? it is a standard protocol and will be valid to WiFi, GPRS, or any other network connectivity as long as it hits the Internet. And it is application independent
just an idea, I can provide details if requested.
Sheref
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Greg Hillis
It seems that we are making

It seems that we are making this harder than it should be because MS left out this basic functionality.   We need to have the same ability on the WWAN side that we do via Mobile Companion/Wireless Companion.   We should be able to run a util that shows IP info and do some basic functions like PING.   We should GRIP this as an extra tool we offer in our builds - part of being a true "Mobility" company.;0

In the past, I've used freeware from PocketGear.com when testing MC9063s on Sprint, especially if they are using Private HAs (or Private APNs on GSM).   There is an app called MyIpConfig up there that might do it for you because it allows you to choose the adapter to read from.
http://www.pocketgear.com/software_detail.asp?id=10542

Hope that helps.

Greg
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Lance Greer
Vxutils has an ipconfig tool

Vxutils has an ipconfig tool to view the cellular IP address - http://www.cam.com
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Al Smith
Try this: http://www
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Afshin Mansoorieh
ipchicken works fine, just

ipchicken works fine, just remember if you are using a proxy gateway, it will give you the address of your proxy-server  and not your actual device.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Richard Linsley-Hood
I have the source code I gave

I have the source code I gave out previously available as a command line executable called GPRSStatus.

It produces the following output (with no SIM in)

GPRS Status

Model      : MC75
Revision   : REVISION 02.002
Radio Power: Full
Register   : Not registered
Network    : None
Signal     : >= 27 (-59)dBm
System Type: GSM GPRS
Class      : GSM data or GPRS
GPRS status: Not connected

Any key to continue

It would be fairly trivial to change this to a full Windows application as opposed to the command line version that exists at present if required.

Richard LH

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Richard Linsley-Hood
In addition to the previous

In addition to the previous GRPSStaus (which is an essential underpinning to any enquiry about IP address as it shows that any IP information given may be valid and from the network) you can then use the attached Symbol Net Tools which includes a mobile version of IPConfig, Netstat, Route, etc. exactly the same as the ones that run on the desktop.

Richard LH
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
The following script will

The following script will notify you when the IP addresss changes, either because a connection has successfully been made or dropped.  When you get the notification you can see if the Cellular Line adapter (WAN) has an IP address or not and perform whatever validation you wish.  This method will work with WLAN, ethernet cradles or active sync.

The advantage of this approach is that no polling is required it is event driven and does not consume any CPU resource untill the IP address actually changes.

SetVar String strWAN = "Cellular Line"    // GPRS
GOSUB GetWANIP                               // show initial status
NotifyAddressChange GOSUB GetWANIP   // setup notification
SLEEP INFINITE  // sleep for ever
:END

:GetWANIP
    SetVar String strIPWAN = GetIPAddressList( strWAN )
    SetVar String strMsg = "IP Address change: WAN IP is " + strIPWAN
    MessageBox( strMsg )  // do what ever processing here now we have the IP address
RETURN
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’