3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 17, 2013 5:04 AM by Jonathan Chaalan

RhoElements local storage persistence

Hi,

Using RhoElements 2.0.5.27 on a MC3100 running windows CE6, I find that localStorage values are lost when exiting the RhoElements runtime.

I thought localStorage should persist across restarts, but sessionStorage values should be wiped?

Thanks,

Ord

• Re: RhoElements local storage persistence

Also encounter the same issue before but I have found out that it was not the local storage that causing the "seemingly" lost values.

Actually the local storage values are not lost, its just the associated path of the local server url previously used by the rhoelement browser could be using a different local server port.

In the rhoconfig.txt, it has this default setting

# Port of the local (embedded) HTTP server. This parameter is mainly for debug purposes.

# If not specified, application will use dynamically selected one.

# WARNING!!! Remove this parameter before put application to production.

#local_server_port = 60288

This means every time the application start up, it will randomized a server port, thus will be associated to a different local storage. This could be fixed by specifying a default port to avoid instantiating new one on every startup.

# Port of the local (embedded) HTTP server. This parameter is mainly for debug purposes.

# If not specified, application will use dynamically selected one.

# WARNING!!! Remove this parameter before put application to production.

local_server_port = 60288

On this way, the application is always associated on one port, thus on one local storage path as well.

• Re: RhoElements local storage persistence

Wow! Thank you John. I've been looking for this solution for a long time now. This will make life a little easier