MSP3.1 Relay Server issue

Hello,

I installed MSP3.1 from scratch and I am not able to add a relay server. I got error message "....serious error occured while updating/adding....".
FTP (Relay) server is running and accessible. I am using the same credentials for public and private access.
Does someone knows what went wrong???
Michael Hennel
Hello, When you say from

Hello,
When you say from scratch what do you mean? Has this laptop ever had MSP on it before? Is some version of SQL express installed on it prior to the 3.1 installation? Is this Server a domain controller?
Mike
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anthony Ambler
Thomas, Not sure if this

Thomas,

Not sure if this helps at all but this KB article was just posted earlier today.

Error Adding Relay Server under MSP 3.x

http://support.symbol.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=11425
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Hello, from scratch means

Hello,

from scratch means the following:

-Windows XP Professional SP2
-SQL Express fresh install from 3.1 ISO Image
-MSP fresh install from 3.1 ISO Image (no upgrade, etc.)

I can delete/add/update everything in MSP but I am not able to add a relay server.

Thomas
The hole system is installed on only one partition (c

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Damian Stock
Thomas, I am seeing

Thomas,

I am seeing something similar after having added a local relay server on my freshly installed Win2003 Server MSP 3.1 system. It has added it successfully however if I try to enter the Status/Relay Server screen the GUI bombs out with "An error has occurred while processing your request". The server is happily polling the relay server and has created all of its normal directories on it but I cannot get to the status screen.

I'm not sure if this is realted but wanted to let you know just in case and to see if anyone else has seen this issue.

Regards,

Damian
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Duff
Damian, I've got the same

Damian,

I've got the same issue, as has one of the other guys in the office.  The relay server is fine but if you try to look at the status it produces the error then dumps out to the login screen.

All th ebest,

Mark Duff
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Damian Stock
Mark, Thanks for the

Mark,

Thanks for the feedback. I have also found that an MC70 I brought onto the system is not displaying on the Device Status screen. I can provision to it, run remote control to it, etc, but it will not display. Interested to know if you have seen the same on your system there.

All the best,

Damian
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Duff
Damian, yes, seeing similar

Damian,

yes, seeing similar issues on Device Status.  Also a few more random errors which dumps out to login screen.  Can't put a pattern to that one yet but will keep testing.

All the best,

Mark.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Are you guys sure you really

Are you guys sure you really have a "clean" install?  I ran into the same problem where I kept getting logged off after doing a 3.0.1 upgrade to 3.1 (see https://devcentral.symbol.com/shwmessage.aspx?ForumID=202&MessageID=8233  .  I uninstalled 3.1, deleted the C:\Program Files\Motorola MSP directory, and then reinstalled 3.1.  I'm not having the logoff problems anymore. 

On 3.0.x, the database was stored in C:\Program Files\Motorola MSP\data.  On 3.1, this directory no longer exists, so I'm not sure where the database is being stored now.  Do your installs have this data directory?

Thanks,
Ken
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Michael Cooper
I had a previous problem on 3

I had a previous problem on 3.01 installation at a customer site. Please note if you see an installation error message similar to the following, please verify the installation of MSP Server and ASP.Net is to the same logical drive. "An error occurred while adding/updating the Relay Server, this task was not completed." We fought with a problem on MSP 3.01 that occurred when a FTP Server/Relay Server was being configured. Problem correction, remove and install MSP Server 3.01 on same logical drive as the ASP.Net Tools. TBD is whether ASP was installed per MSP script or previous customer installation.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Justin Walther
Myself and Mark Duff are

Myself and Mark Duff are using my 'clean' install following a complete PC rebuild last week. Status on the relay server causes logout of MSP, and known devices are not shown even though I have pushed a policy to an MC70 - I can see the device though policy compliance.

Be interested to know if you have managed to create a policy with GetAdapters and Control.LockAndWipe? The RemoteControl_1_4_13 and LockAndWipe_1_5_10 install without any issues, however when GetAdapters_1_6_8 and the Control.LockAndWipe are then installing, it would appear that both produce an error on installation (841)

Any ideas?
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
Justin - Are you trying to

Justin -

Are you trying to send a policy that installs GetAdapters and configures LockAndWipe to do something like lock the device?  I haven't tried this, but I did send a policy that just configured LockAndWipe to lock an MC70.  This worked.

Have you done anything with the AutoSiteAssign package?  I have it working on CE devices (VC5090, MC9090, WT4090), but I can't get it working on an MC70.  The Site Name for the MC70 never updates.  I'm not sure if this is an MC70 or a WM5 problem.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’