ActiveSync not exiting when reboot MC9090 in cradle

I have an issue with the MC9090 WM5. My staging application reboots the device in the cradle after configuring it. Then when it reboots it launches the Odyssey/Symbol AppCenter. I have set it to disable the radio card when ActiveSync is running.

However, when you remove it from the cradle, ActiveSync doesn't exit properly on the device, so the radio is disabled, until you launch AS from the Programs menu and exit it (or stop it in running programs). This obviously requires the user to log out of the AppCenter post build which isn't ideal, esp when staging a lot of units.

Any ideas why it does this? Or how to stop it?
David Meyer
Phil, this sounds like an

Phil, this sounds like an issue that has been corrected in later versions of the software.  There are beta versions of the WLAN suite which include this solution, and a new version (Fusion 2.55) which is available as a released package for certain Windows Mobile 5.0 products.  The next operating system release would also contain this fix once it is released.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Phil Coleman
David,Is this not an issue

David,
Is this not an issue with ActiveSync then? It seems odd that the Fusion drivers would stop this. I will load the latest driver onto an MC9090 and see if this helps.

Thanks

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

David Meyer
Fusion actually is using

Fusion actually is using information from ActiveSync to disable the WLAN (per Microsoft requirements) while connected to ActiveSync.  In certain situations, ActiveSync did not update this information.  The fix in Fusion is actually to use other information to determine if we are truly connected to ActiveSync, rather relying on the registry key that Microsoft did not update correctly.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Phil Coleman
That makes much more sense;

That makes much more sense; that it is ActiveSync failing to update the registry. Now all we need is to have some documentation with the firmware upgrade to say what bugs it fixes as well as the functional update, but that is a conversation for another day.

Thanks very much for your help.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

eshaaan kahan
education

I cannot say much as this topic relates something with Why every business need to do seo for their website? You all can try for https://www.australianwritings.com/thesis-help this in case you are ready to learn this through for all of us now. Just try that and explain it to me.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’