WT4090 and Strong Password Entry

Has anyone developed a customized SIP or other input method for the wearable to allow an easier way to enter special characters for a strong password?  I am looking for something similar to the <FNC> <CAPS> on a Q9.
Juan-Antonio Ma...
I have exactly the same

I have exactly the same problem. Since there is no touch screen, SIP could only be used when cradled and using a mouse...and a lot of icy pulse!
I am thinking of BT/USB external keyboards. Could this be possible?
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

David Meyer
With the HID profile enabled,

With the HID profile enabled, a bluetooth keyboard should be an option.  Also, now that the latest OS supports BTExplorer, you can use the provisioning APIs to configure and connect to the keyboard through your own application.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Allan Herrod
Just out of curiosity, has

Just out of curiosity, has anyone considered using Rapid Deployment for this instead of hand entering WLAN setup information?
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Christopher Sather
Alan, the problem we have is

Alan, the problem we have is with daily use, not with setup.  At my customer site, each employee will have to do a 802.1x peap login for each shift, and probably a seperate application login.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Afshin Mansoorieh
agreed, the root of the issue

agreed, the root of the issue goes back to device usability in a warehouse during the course of a shift.  any of us who has been on a customer site to trouble shoot a problem, knows that the first place we go and look is on the device that is having the issue. 

the touch, non-touch question is an interesting one, we offer a touch screen on everything else that we make but not on the WT4090 ! (or he MC1000).  IMHO it would be a more customer-focused approach to offer the choice and let the customers pick what they want.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Juliet Chon
Team: We are working on

Team:
We are working on developing the special character SIP for strong passwords.  If anyone else needs this, please reply or email me - I want to make sure we get the specs right, with as much input as possible.

Thanks,
Juliet
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Juliet Chon
Team - I'm going to start a

Team - I'm going to start a new topic so it doesn't get lost underneath this one.  I'm going to attach the new Character SIP that should solve all these problems.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’