Problem with NAT

In the user manual for MSP 3 on page 53 “Device Attributes used by the MSP 3 Provision Console UI” and further is described how to create a csv file in case of usage of NAT between MSP and mobile units. The csv file will map a real IP address to a NAT IP address. The import function of this csv file is not working any more since MSP 3.1.1. The error message is: “Could not open corresponding DefDoc”

According to support this will be resolved in 3.2, but that means that we have to wait 3 months! Perhaps somebody has found a smart work-around for this issue?

Thanks,

Patrick
Andrew Knight
Patrick, Do you have an .evt

Patrick,
Do you have an .evt event viewer log you can attach which shows the error received? Also, can you describe the steps you did to get the error in greater detail, I'm trying to figure out exactly what the problem is that you encountered. Also, do you have a case number or a name from support who said that this would be fixed in 3.2? I have seen nothing about this. Thanks.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Patrick Groot N...
Thanks Andrew for your reply.

Thanks Andrew for your reply.

I am passing this information from a partner, so I asked them for the information that you described.

Regarding support; this is what we got as feedback (case # 1653405)

BZ bug #10419 has been resolved. This fix will be included in the next release of MSP (3.2)

Thanks,

Patrick
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Andrew Knight
OK, I just want to understand

OK, I just want to understand exactly what they are trying to do and the steps that were used to create the problem. While you are correct that BZ#10419 has been fixed for 3.2, that bug ONLY refers to .csv import of SITE objects specifically. I'm not sure that's related to the import error described in this post.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Michael Holman
I have seen this  error when

I have seen this  error when trying to import the CSV in the wrong location.  If you are trying to import it under "Tranfer" this is the message you would get.
The CSV needs to be imported under Library - Attributes - Upload
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Patrick Groot N...
All,In version 3.1 this

All,

In version 3.1 this worked fine, but in 3.1.1 we have this problem. If we load the file under Library - Attributes – Upload , then we have the followin issue:

UserAttribute.remoteControl.natIpAddr,10.255.2.178 | BulkAttributeImportSuccess

ERROR | The attribute import line is not properly comma deliminated

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Allan Herrod
Can you attach the file you

Can you attach the file you are uploading?
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Patrick Groot N...
See attached.

See attached.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Larry Dykes
Patrick, which import method

Patrick, which import method are you using? Attributes are not imported under the Transfer tab, but instead under Library.. Attributes. Look for the Upload button.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Allan Herrod
I took the file that was

I took the file that was attached, edited it solely to change the UUID to match one of my devices and uploaded it from the Library->Attributes page of my MSP 3.1.1 server without problem.

I got the same message you got, which was:

I did not get the follow-on messages you got.  Did your file have more lines in it than the one you sent me.  Did the exact file you sent me fail on your system?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Larry Dykes
I was able to duplicate this:

I was able to duplicate this:

by adding blank lines at the end of my file. the utility apparently tries to parse the blank lines. All the attributes I wanted set were set.  

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Allan Herrod
Good catch, Larry. I guess

Good catch, Larry.
I guess this is a case of "If it hurts when you do that, then don't do that."
So, in future documentation, I supposed we should add not to put blank lines at the end.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Patrick Groot N...
Thanks everyone, it works ok

Thanks everyone, it works ok without the blank lines.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’