3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2012 6:07 AM by Daniel Silva

instruction set for hooking in your own webserver application

Raymond Buil

Hi,

do we have a document describing the instructions, which files to modify so your own RhoElement based webserver application can be hooked in the App Launcher of the SB1.

As on the device we have \application\www and \userdrive\apps en \userdrive\config files stored, which are both used.

The relation between the files stored in \application\www and \userdrive is not clear.

an instruction set will help in this.

Please create and share. thanks

• Re: instruction set for hooking in your own webserver application
          Sherry MK

Hi Raymond,

see the apps.json file in the folder \Application\www\config folder

The entries in this files are shown in App Launcher

Hope this helps

Raymond Buil

Hi,

Seems that the files stored under UserDrive\config are also used.

On my test SB1, I have changed the apps.json and pc.apps.json stored under UserDrive\config and this did the job.

I also understnad that the file index.html stored under \application\www is the one who controls the usage of the files stored under \application\www\config and \UserDrive\config.

Now, we need to understand what is the right approach?

Do we need to modify the files under UserDrive or under \Application\www\config? How is the flowdiagram within index.html. Which files is read first and what happens if a second file with same entries is read.

Reason for asking: our SB1's are not all acting the same. Some of them have App Launcher with 4 items and some of them have App launcher with more then 10 items over several pages.

Thanks

Daniel Silva

First, make sure all of your devices have the latest OS.  BSP 17 is the latest right now, and you need the patch that goes with it (17.2 I think it is labeled). One new thing in the BSP17 release is that the config files being used have been moved to the user drive. On the devices that only have a few icons, if they are at the correct OS level, you probably need to get them to the post config settings.  The way to do that is to exit rhoelements one time.  You do that in the second page of advanced settings (quit).  Once you have done that, you can start rhoelements up again by pressing the bottom of the screen to bring up the start button.  You should now have the full set of icons, and it will be using apps.json under the userdrive.