Webinar Topic Ideas

Please reply with what topics you would like to see in upcoming webinars.

Mark Nongkhlaw
Generate PDF Reports and give

Generate PDF Reports and give user option to preview, download and email the PDF.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Hamid Seleman
I would suggest an in-depth

I would suggest an in-depth "native extension" topic for each platforms webinar.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Nongkhlaw
The webinar here : https:/

The webinar here : https://developer.motorolasolutions.com/docs/DOC-1625 only shows how to modify the jqTouch-enabled apps to use JQM, but it does not explain how JQM can be used along with Rhodes. For example, how to implement cascading dropdown SELECT menus using JQM in Rhomobile? Ref. request here : https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!searchin/rhomobile/Looking/rhomobile/dIUHtpysfUw/Sbmq08EgPCYJ   to understand what I mean.

We need to see not only how the UI can be modified with jQuery Mobile, but also how JQM can be used more effectively within Rhomobile framework for other functions (e.g. Cascading dropdowns mentioned above, automatic filtering with data-filter etc.)

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Nongkhlaw
Hey, Rob, when will our

Hey, Rob, when will our webinar topic ideas be taken up?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Robert Galvin
Hi MarkI appreciate the

Hi Mark

I appreciate the suggestions. I do not mean to be ignoring you, but  am looking at all requests and see what's 'trending' so that it will apply to most that are attending. Once I have a topic identified then I look for possible presenters if it is something that I am not able to cover (knowledgewise or bandwidth wise).

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Hector Meza
It would be nice to show how

It would be nice to show how to pull data into your application without using RhoConnect - different application data loading options (static data, dynamic data, etc. but not using RhoConnect.).

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Andraž Stošić
I agree with Parthiv's post.

I agree with Parthiv's post. Some examples on working with multiple tables / relations would be great.

Cheers,

Andraz

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Nongkhlaw
Well, I don't have an app app

Well, I don't have an app app showing association between a product category, product and product supplier.

But you can check out the attached app showing relation between Employee and Company.

Please note that Rhom does not have support for associations between tables. You have to manage it yourself.

Hope the code helps.

Disclaimer : Use at your own risk.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Andraž Stošić
Mark thanks for attached

Mark thanks for attached application. I'll check it out.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Nongkhlaw
Ok, and while you're at it,

Ok, and while you're at it, would be grateful if you can get the search employee feature working.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Andraž Stošić
Mark I'll try but no promises

Mark I'll try but no promises

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Nongkhlaw
NVM, I did it myself

NVM, I did it myself.

Cheers

Mark

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Kevin Lollock
New event timing and analysis

New event timing and analysis tools incorporated in 2.1 - in fact, a performance tips and tricks webinar can be rolled around this.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Nongkhlaw
Strange as it may seem, we

Strange as it may seem, we have not seen any webinar that explains how to use AsyncHttp to perform CRUD methods on backend data AND also simultaneously sync the data with local Rhom database. There has been lots of suggestions to use AsyncHttp in lieu of RhoConnect, but there isn't a single webinar which demonstrates the above.

The webinar here : https://developer.motorolasolutions.com/docs/DOC-1616 doesn't show CRUD and syncing using AsyncHttp.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

parthiv patel
As Rhomobile is mainly for

As Rhomobile is mainly for developing business Apps, It would be good if there is a Webinar showing how one can work with multiple tables related with each other. A simple app showing association between a product category, product and product supplier !!!

Cheers,

Parthiv

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Nongkhlaw
I doubt they'll listen. This

I doubt they'll listen. This thread is pointless

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!