4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 10, 2012 4:37 AM by Mark Jolley

Motorola Conferences app

Mark Nongkhlaw

I just installed the Motorola Conferences app from Google playstore. Where can I get the WM, BB and iOS Versions?

• Re: Motorola Conferences app
          Jon Tara

Well, given that there is only one place to download iOS apps, I would look in the App Store.

In the iOS App Store, I beleive it's called "Motorola Events".

Was this developed using Rhodes or RhoElements?

Somebody should tell them that "updating" is not spelled "updateing". (I supposed "updateing" means finding a better date than last time...) Surprised that got past the App Store.

Not sure if it's ever going to finish updating, and frozen UI during updating.

It finally finished updating - well, maybe. I had to kill the app and re-start, I got "updateing" again, killed it again, finally got the content.

Not sure if this is the app you were referring-to, though. It lists Motorola Mobility events, and was developed by genieMobile. It appears to use jQuery Mobile and iScroll4, and is reasonably responsive. It has a nice "iphone address book" style A-Z index in Events -> IBC2012 -> "Meet the team". Can't tell for sure if this is using Rhodes. Not sure if you are asking because it is a Rhodes app or becuase you are interested in Motorola conferences, but probably not the conferences you wanted if the latter.

Mark Jolley

Hi Guys,

The application which Jon refers to is part of the Motorola Mobility organisation and not Motorola solutions. This is not linked to Motorola Solutions in any way and is coincidence that this is released at the same time in which we are releasing an application aimed at Appforum 2012

The application which Mark has found is a Motorola Solutions application which we are currently in process of updating to include the full schedule of the Appforum.

This is currently available via Google Play, and will shortly be available via the Apple Store (Awaiting Apple approval)

In regards to what the Mobility Application (Motorola Events) is written in, I cannot comment as I had no input into the application! I can tell you though the Motorola Solutions application (Motorola Conferences) is written with RhoElements.

Hope that makes sense!

Mark

Mark Nongkhlaw

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the clarification. However, if its written using RhoElements, shouldn't the RhoElements runtime also be installed when I install the app in Android? But I don't see any RhoElements runtime icon in my phone.

Thanks.

Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 04:19:50 -0600

To: mnongkhlaw@hotmail.com

Subject: - Re: Motorola Conferences app

Motorola Solutions Launchpad

Curious about RhoMobile? Started and want to learn more? Staying Native on WEHH or Android for now? Then EMEA AppForum2012 developer’s event will have some great sessions for you! Click for more info…

Re: Motorola Conferences app created by Mark Jolley in RhoMobile Discussions - View the full discussion

Hi Guys,

The application which Jon refers to is part of the Motorola Mobility organisation and not Motorola solutions. This is not linked to Motorola Solutions in any way and is coincidence that this is released at the same time in which we are releasing an application aimed at Appforum 2012

The application which Mark has found is a Motorola Solutions application which we are currently in process of updating to include the full schedule of the Appforum.

This is currently available via Google Play, and will shortly be available via the Apple Store (Awaiting Apple approval)

In regards to what the Mobility Application (Motorola Events) is written in, I cannot comment as I had no input into the application! I can tell you though the Motorola Solutions application (Motorola Conferences) is written with RhoElements.

Hope that makes sense!

Mark

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on Motorola Solutions Launchpad

Start a new discussion in RhoMobile Discussions by email or at Motorola Solutions Launchpad