1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 19, 2012 3:09 AM by erika contiero

Rhoconnect: sync of an updated record

Federico Giardina

Goodmorning,

I have a question about Rhoconnect sync of a model.

Let's assume the following situation: I have a model in my device, and the first sync send me 500 records; then, an update of a record occurs in backend application, and the device synchonizes this model after this change; how many records does Rhoconnect send me to device? The best hypothesis is that Rhoconnect, using redis data, notices that only a record is different from previous sync, it sends only that record, and device has to replace only that record in sqllite database. But, observing rhoconnect behaviour, it seems that it sends me all the 500 records, and it avoids sending 500 records only when the entire set of data is unchanged. Is it correct? What is your opinion about it?

Thank you for your attention

Federico

• Re: Rhoconnect: sync of an updated record
          erika contiero

Testing with rhodes p_size=500 but with more than 500 records for a model (let's say 1200 records), you can see that rhoconnect works with "delta", i.e. the differences between this sync and the prevoius. Data sent by rhoconnect in the second sync are less than the first sync: the first sync has 3 requests to rhoconnect (500+500+200=1200), the second sync has only a request (if updated records are less or equal than 500). @params["total_count"] doesn't show the number of records effectively sent by rhoconnect.