Looking for Feedback and or Possible Issues with trying to port a MC70 QVGA Display application to MC75 Full VGA Display with Higher Resolution.
Please review considerations listed below and provide feedback and or issues...Thanks
1. Some application will port just fine without an formatting of the screen
2. .Net Managed Code
- A managed application usually only needs to change Layout.AutoScaleMode form property to DPI
- Recompile targeted device to WM6.0 and Compact Framework Used for the MC75
- If application is doing direct pixel manpulation, custom graphics, images, etc...rescale them
properly by using GetDeviceCaps and GetSystemMetrics
3. C, C++ Native Code
- If using only dialog resources, may not need any modification, otherwise application will need to
add/change dialog resource for a new screen
- If code used windows/dialogs the control/font placement there will be issues if application is using
fixed pixel locations instead of Dialog units and System metrics.Use GetDeviceCaps and
GetSystemMetrics to rescale elements and screens correctly.