8Gb cards - anyone seen this working?

Customer is using MC75, and I know our supported limit is 2Gb, however my customer thinks it’s more of a driver change than a hardware limit. Do you know if there are any ‘patch’ or beta software that we could try?

If you have managed to get or seen an 8Gb working on any of our MC range, please can you provide details of card?

Thanks

Justin

Anonymous (not verified)
Hi Justin, The highest

Hi Justin,

The highest capacity SD card that I have used was 4GB but this was on the MC70 running WM6.1.

My understanding was that the capacity of the SD card was driven from the Operating System i.e. WM5.0 2GB, WM6.1 4GB.

Regards,
Matt.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Michael Holman
I have a customer using

I have a customer using SanDisk 8Gb mSD in MC75.  They have just started testing but he claims it works fine.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

George Dellaratta
Requirements for the MC75

Requirements for the MC75 limited the microSD card to 2GB.  So, all testing has been done with that limit.  The software and hardware can handle the 8GB cards, but little to no testing has been done at Motorola.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Don Khan
Mike, please check with this

Mike, please check with this customer to see if indeed the 8G is fully addressable.  At this point we are only supporting a 2G micro card.  I believe that at the Rev B WM6.1 we will support beyond 2G with a possible upper range (not confirmed), and Rev C will raise the upper limit.  I am not certain of the numbers.  let's see how the engineering folks respond to this!
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’