MC 3090 Windows CE 5

Hello Comunity,

we need to know how we can reset the device.
We need to get the device to default settings. Only Windows CE 5 and the other standard stuff which was on the device at start up. How can this be done?
Thanks for any comments in advance!

Best regards Timo

Background:
we work with mcl client software. While we made an update on one of our devices the update broke because of no battery...Since than on we got an error message when we want to open the mcl software. Uninstallation of programm doesn´t complete finally, so some resting files are blocking the new installation of the software...
Gabor Szeles
Hello Timo, Reset the MC3090

Hello Timo,

Reset the MC3090 push and hold down 1 and 9 and press and release Power button.

MCL stored in \Application\MCL folder. Your MCL application can be found in \Application\MCL\My MCL Projects folder. You can delete the MCL folder but you should have the license number and activation codes.

Best regards,
Gabor.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Timo Burgert
Hello Gabor, thanks for your

Hello Gabor,
thanks for your fast reply!
The problem is that i´m not able to delete the resting files.
I got: Error Deleting File or Folder
Cannot delete 'setup.mcl': Error code 29
(on both folders)
Do you have a idea how i can delete this files also?
I made a hard reset but it doesn´t make any changes to my Problems...
I don´t know how i can reinstall the mcl software.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Subramani Jagadeesan
Please kill the processes

Please kill the processes that are related to mcl. Some of the process could be using these files. Also, look for startup folder to see whether mcl is started during boot up time...

Hope this helps.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Timo Burgert
how can i start the task

how can i start the task manager to kill processes?
or is there another possibility to kill processes?
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Gabor Szeles
Hello Timo, Kill process:

Hello Timo,

Kill process: Select FUNC - CTRL, (to activate the ALT state) and tap on the taskbar to display the Task Manager, Properties Selection menu. You can select in the Task Manager window End Task button.

Maybe you don't have delete them. Try to reinstall MCL. You can download MCL client install from: http://www.mcl-collection.com/ or http://symbol.ftp.mcl-collection.com/.

You can check your MCL license at: http://www.mcl-license.com/

The startup folder can be found here: \Application\Startup. Delete the MCL start link, check any MCL REG file in Application folder, backup them to your PC and delete from terminal.

1. I suggest to backup files from MC3090 to PC via ActiveSync.
2. Cold boot the MC3090.
3. Reinstall MCL.

Hope this helps.

Good luck,
Gabor.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Timo Burgert
Hello Gabor, thank you for

Hello Gabor,

thank you for your detailed description.
There were no open Processes on the device...
I made the steps like you told me, but i still have the same problem, when i want to reinstall the mcl software, like before.
i got the following error message when i try to install the latest cab file to the device:
File not copied
the file "Test.sys" was not copied succesfully. To re-install, you will need to get the source .cab file again. Continue with Setup? Ok or X
If i choose ok i get several different other files (.dll, .sys, .jpg, ...) with the same message. After 10-15 times pushing ok the installation is stopped with the message:
Setup Failed
MCL Client was not installed succesfully...Remove from Control Panel\Remove Programs and try installing again.
What can i do now?
Is there no simple possibiltiy to get the device to default settings?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Timo Burgert
after deleting the complete

after deleting the complete directory Application\MCL
over the cmd-box with:
cd application
del mcl /s
the device is hanging up everytime i try to open the Application directory.
I don´t know how i can go on :-(
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Gabor Szeles
Hi Timo, I suggest to

Hi Timo,

I suggest to download the Integrator Guide from support.symbol.com. You should use ActiveSync to manage files on the MC3090. You can download it from Microsoft.com. If you would go back to an original software configuration, you should have Device Configuration Package and make an OS update or download HEX files using TCM (Terminal Configuration Manager). All this methods are detailed in the Integrator Guide. DCP and HEX files are available on support.symbol.com. It can be downloaded using software request and maybe you should register your device with S/N.

Good luck,
Gabor.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Timo Burgert
Hello Guys, now i got the

Hello Guys,

now i got the DCP from Motorola with Windows CE 5.00 I succesfully reinstalled the OS over SD-card.
Now i have the problem that i don´t get the w-lan adapter enabled.
Is it possible that the DCP that i installed doesn´t include this w-lan adapter?
Or, how is it possible the get this work?
Thanks in advance!

Timo
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Gabor Szeles
Hi Timo, The DCP contains

Hi Timo,

The DCP contains the WLAN driver. On the taskbar you can reach the WLAN driver menu. There is the Enable Radio option. If the problem still exists I recommend to consult with a Motorola reseller.

Best regards,
Gabor.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Timo Burgert
Hi Gabor,in the taskbar is

Hi Gabor,

in the taskbar is nothing. That is my problem.
When i try to enable the WLAN Adapter, over Settings\Network & Dial up\ i can see the adapter with the red cross over the symbol. I can select it and try with the enable command to activate it, but the adapter doesn´t do anything, he remains in the status with the red cross...

Do you have a futher idea? Or someone i could ask for further details.

Best regards

Timo

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Gabor Szeles
Hi Timo, Are you sure you

Hi Timo,

Are you sure you installed the right DCP? You should ask an expert, maybe the reseller who sold you the terminal. If everything OK, then the WLAN adapter could be defected. In this case the terminal can be repaired only in Motorola repair center.

Read carefully the Integrator Guide, you can install the software using Terminal Configuration Manager and IPL mode on the terminal. Try to install again using HEX files. One important thing: The USB port in TCM only appears if you start the USB download on the terminal.

Best regards,
Gabor.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Timo Burgert
I have installed this packet:

I have installed this packet: 30XXc50BenUP063000 over SD-Card,from the following website:

http://support.symbol.com/support/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=11692&sliceId=&dialogID=87484846&stateId=0

I think that everything at the installation was ok. The os is new and everything is working fine except the WLan adapter. I don´t think that the WLAN device is damaged. I attached the Integrator Guide that i have downloaded. There are not very detailed descritpions to install a DCP.
I made it by Copying the files to the SD-Card and then i started the .exe file on the running "old" Windows CE device.
I have no idea how to use the hex files.
I only wanted the device to default setup so that i´m able to install the mcl Software again and that i´m able to work with it over w-lan...
Thank you for your patience Gabor!
Best regards from Germany
Timo

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Timo Burgert
Hello Gabor,could you give me

Hello Gabor,

could you give me advise, i tried to make a new setup again over the TCM. The problem is that when i set the device in "waiting for input mode" to dwonlaod the hex files from the Development PC i get a driver error on windows xp. A bubble appears on the taskbar to add new hardware. But the automatic driver setup isn´t succesfull.
So i´m not able to get a connection between the device and the development PC. Do i need a special driver to use the TCM?

I think i need some Telephone Support... But i don´t know where i can get some...

I´m very disappointed that such an easy problem is so difficult with this device and windows CE 5.00

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Gabor Szeles
Hi Timo, The default driver

Hi Timo,

The default driver folder you need is: c:\Program Files\Motorola\TCM2\USB Driver
If the driver installation request come up, choose the manual setup and select the folder above.

I attached the requested driver files in a zip.

You don't have reseller contact? Which country you are living in? In Eastern European countries we have partners. If you send me your location maybe I can forward your address to a local support.

Best regards,
Gabor.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Timo Burgert
Thanks for the driver!This

Thanks for the driver!This problem is solved.
I´m living in Germany maybe you have a Contact for me...
I downloaded the DCP Packet which i told you some entries before.
Can you tell me which files has to be loaded to the device over TCM Mode?
I´m a newbie with such Devices...Thanks
Best regards Timo
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Timo Burgert
when i try to download the

when i try to download the Application.hex; and the Platform.hex;
i get the error Message:

Can't write to the flash... At the Integrator Guide i found the folowing:
-10 The destination device (either flash ROM or Power Micro) could not be
written to. Retry the download. If the failure persists, it is most likely due to a
hardware failure; the mobile computer requires servicing.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Gabor Szeles
Hi Timo, You should download

Hi Timo,

You should download first Partition Table (30XXc50BenPT009.hex) and then in any order the files as follows:

Application folder:    30XXc50BenAP018.hex
Platform folder:        30XXc50BenPL017.hex
OS image:                30XXc50BenOS063000.hex

30XXc50XenSC004.hex or 30XXc50XenSM004.hex not needed it is for Splash Screen.

30XXc50BenMO0152XX.hex is for Monitor
30XXc50XenPM112109.bin is for Power Micro

These last two also not important but could be useful because bug fixes could be solved.

Good luck.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Timo Burgert
Hello Gabor, in the image

Hello Gabor,

in the image Folder of my DCP are the files as you can see in the attached screen. the AP and the OS file are .bgz files. How can i get them converted or what should i do that i can downlad these 2 to the mobile device?

I´m really very glad that you give me that good assistance!
Thank you very much!

Best regards
Timo

I think i´m a close step to the succesfull solvation of the problem...
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Gabor Szeles
Hi Timo, You downloaded the

Hi Timo,

You downloaded the OSUpdate package. You should download the Hex Images package on the same URL. It should contain 7 HEX files and one bin file including OS, Application and Platform folder in HEX format.

Regards,
Gabor.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’