SB1 Upgrade from BSP20 to BSP22

Hi David,

I tried to upgrade the SB1 from BSP20 to BSP22. I had in 4 devices and in 2 of them, after the upgrade completed, the units stay in the boot loop and it's not possible to use them. I noticed that in this 2 devices, before to start the upgrade process, the SB1 showed a message to replace the battery or insert the SB1 in the cradle, but the SB1 was in the cradle yet after pressing the botton RETRY, that appears on the screen, after the 3rd or 4th pressing the upgrade process starts but when the SB1 reboot, the unit keep this reboot loop.

I stooped to upgrade the units until understand what it's happening and find any solution. Do you have any answer about this issue that I found?

Rgds,

Paulo

Paulo Takahashi
Hi David,More update from

Hi David,

More update from this subject...

I received more 4 units, before to apply the BUILD22, I applied the BUILD20, in devices that was in BUILD13...in 2 devices the screen freezed on tme message "Formatting Application" and it seems that died...

In another device after update to BUILD20 successfully, I applyed the BUILD22, but the SB1 freezes on the screen "Updating OS[1]"

In both case I'm keeping the units in the cradle, to see if in sometime the SB1 complete the process..

I'll appreciate all the suggestions that you can give me.

Rgds,

Paulo

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Anonymous (not verified)
My partner has failed to

My partner has failed to upgrade to BSP22 (from BSP20). OSUpdate error with standard procedure below, on EV3 device (TSDxc60AenUP910122.zip).

ERROR UPDATING

[-923]

ABORT RETRY

Procedure:

You must use USB Active Sync to perform the following:
1. Delete Hideshell.reg, TeamExpress.cpy, RhoElements.cpy and CerDisp2.cpy files from the \Application folder
2. Cold Boot the device
3. Calibrate SB1N device
4. Copy OSUpdate folder and file contents on PC to \Temp folder on SB1N device.
5. Press START->Programs->Windows Explorer and navigate to the \Temp folder of the SB1N device.
- You may have to tap extreme lower left corner of SB1N display to expose START button.
6. Double tap TSDxc60Aen_TEMP.LNK(shortcut) to update \Application folder and OS images.
7. Device should Cold boot when complete.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Paulo Takahashi
David,Interesting....I let

David,

Interesting....

I let the SB1 units, that the upgrade failed, outside of the cradle for 1 day. In this morning I put them in the cradle again and did the COLD Boot manually....they revive...I'm testing the devices, they seem to be work without problem...

Resuming:

- There is one unit that is looping (reboot), when it's on the cradle

- There are 2 units that's freezed after show the "Formating Application", when I was applied the BUILD20 on the devices that was at BUILD13 or BUILD17

Rgds,

Paulo

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Charles Greco
for the one unit that is in

for the one unit that is in the reboot loop. it means the battery is very low.  It will get charged eventually. OS 22 should minimze this from happening as the device will stop booting and wait in eboot until the battery reaches a perdefined level.

for the 2 units that are frozen with formatting App. They will need to be sent to David for repair and update.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Charles Greco
The batteries are low. In EV3

The batteries are low. In EV3.0 units this causes the device to bwe confussed about cradle insertion. Make sure all batteroes are fully charged then retry the update from 20 - 22.  This onloy happens in single slot cradle with ev3 hw.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Paulo Takahashi
More issues...After the

More issues...

After the update to BUILD22, some devices are not charging the battery.Is there any fix to solve on this?

Rgds

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Charles Greco
Is the LED flashing amber

Is the LED flashing amber quickly?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Paulo Takahashi
Yes, it is..

Yes, it is..

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Charles Greco
Did you load the correct OS.

Did you load the correct OS. There is one for EV3.0 devices and one for EV3.5 devices. It seems you may have loaded the wrong OS on that hardware

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Paulo Takahashi
Yes, I did. I have just EV3.0

Yes, I did. I have just EV3.0.

I used the same OS Update kit, for all the devices.

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Charles Greco
How many have the issue vers

How many have the issue vers how many dont

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’