MC7094 unable to connect to "Three Network" in Australia.

14:55 05/01/2009
3 day
MC7094
WM05/BSP43

Does anyone have any info regarding 'Three Network' (Australia) SIM cards not working in MC7094?
Jun Kim reports MC7094 works with Telstra SIM card, but takes a working Three Network SIM card from their Blackberry and it fails in the MC7094.
George Dellaratta
What type of info are you

What type of info are you looking for?
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Howard Laser
I am looking for information

I am looking for information that anyone may have explaining whether this is a known issue or not and/or
information explaining a workaround or procedure that addresses the failure of this networks Sim card to work on our MC7094.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

David Meyer
Can SIMs that were meant for

Can SIMs that were meant for Blackberry's be used in any other type of devices?  I thought BBs always had their own specific data connection stuff (i.e. there is a separate pricing plan from the carrier), and assumed that would mean that its SIM is probably setup to connect in some different way.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Howard Laser
Are 'Three Mobile' SIM cards

Are 'Three Mobile' SIM cards supported on the MC7094.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Howard Laser
Is there a way to determine

Is there a way to determine if Blackberry sims are supported on our GSM terminals?
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

George Dellaratta
I have no idea regarding

I have no idea regarding BlackBerry SIMs.

Normally, a carrier needs to approve the use of our devices on their network.  Does anyone know if we ever got approval from them?
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Hirokazu Haga
If it doesn't work on MC7094,

If it doesn't work on MC7094, then most likely it is not compatible with MC7094. To really find out why it won't work, you should send the SIM to Cinterion for the answer. If this is only for a test, then it is a wast of time.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Howard Laser
I thought that our GSM

I thought that our GSM 'unlocked' terminals will work with any valid SIM card. Carrier approval was only required for CDMA, i.e.Sprint, Verizon, etc..
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

George Dellaratta
Oh no...AT&T has a

Oh no...AT&T has a certification process too.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Howard Laser
I will try to get more detail

I will try to get more detail on how the SIM is failing. If  it is not being recognized, or just unable to find service. I will also ask if they have contacted that carrier to determine if our MC70X4 is supported. Thanks, everyone. any other suggestions would be welcome.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Hirokazu Haga
A valid SIM means it works

A valid SIM means it works without any probelm for the network. If it doesn't work, then I don't call it as a valid SIM.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Aleksandr Dekhtyar
There is no difference in SIM

There is no difference in SIM card between blackberry and others. It is just blackberry required different level of service in order to exercise the full capabilities of the device. Also the old SIM card (5V) is forward compatible and should work on a newest devices. However the new SIM (3.3 V) may not work on  oldest devices. But this should not be the case with MC7094.

Also "not working" meaning  - can not recognize the SIM card? Can not registered with the network? Can not make data or voice call? If you collect RIL log it will shows a lot.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Howard Laser
Hiro, they claim the SIM card

Hiro, they claim the SIM card works in their Blackberry.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Hirokazu Haga
If the customer wants to use

If the customer wants to use one SIM for both Blackberry and our device but it won't work (does not connect) then you should send it to Cinterion to get the answer. It may need some change to the RIL for this network.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Gene Niles
Talk to Daniel Park in

Talk to Daniel Park in Austrailia. He has been working with ECSG on several regional related issues with slow network registration and usage. Although he has an "Alpha" RIL and some of his results look promising we do not want it to go to any cusomters unitl his tests are complete. If your issues are the same as his, you may want to be added to his case. If they are new issues, logs would as mentioned earlier would be needed.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Howard Laser
Thank you all. Once I receive

Thank you all. Once I receive more details from Jun on the failure scenario, I should have a better idea how to proceed.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’