Fussion vs Odissey Client - Urgent feedback required

I had been experiencig a big issue with one of our customer that use Funk Steel Belt as its Radius server and load Odissey as the supplicant por authentication and encryption.

They had been using Symbol device since many years ago with MC9060 and MC9090. With the MC9060 or the old (prior BSP39) MC9090 they were able to load the Odissey client and use it to connect to the network.

Recently -late last year-, they bought 7 more devices and we had try many, many things: different versions of Fussion, different versions of the Odissey client, different parameters configuration, but nothing is working: we are not able to made the MC9090 to connect to the network.

The bottom line in this issue is that Fussion and Odissey literally "fight" for the control of the adapters, and when Odissey is installed it received a "adpater unavailable" error, or the other way around. So what we had been trying to do is to configure Fussion to connect to the network instead of Odissey, but without results.

I had been capturing, using OmniPeek Personal, traces of the wireless activity and can share it with anybody willing to lend a hand. Also, I have screen captures of the configuration of Fussion.

Any help is extremely welcome. The customer gave us till next Friday to solve the issue or they will start searching for another vendor.
David Meyer
Victor, I suggest that you

Victor,

I suggest that you do one of the following:

First, please connect the support center.  They should be able to help you properly configure Fusion for whatever settings the customer site requires.  I don't know of any connectivity/security features that the Odyssey client has that Fusion cannot match, so I am pretty sure that your customer should be able to run Fusion as a solution.

Seconds, if for some reason your customer really needs to use the Odyssey client, you should open a custom product request (CPR) to get a custom OS build that will allow the Odyssey client to run.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Allan Herrod
Also, please be aware that if

Also, please be aware that if you do arrange for a CPR that has Fusion removed so the Odyssey client can be used, then do NOT automatically expect MSP support since MSP does not offer the ability to configure the Odyssey client.  If this is a requirement, you will need to negotiate MSP support as part of the CPR.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Cipriotti
Victor, The Federal Sales

Victor,

The Federal Sales team has CPR 6201-6205 in place for a
Windows Zero Config (WZC) version of the MC70 and MC9090 WM 6.1 and WM
5.0 OSs.  This custom OS will be tested to work with the Juniper OAC
FIPS edition (should also work with the standard edition) to provide a
FIPS 140-2 validated 802.11i solution.  The OS drops are expected to be
GA on 31-Jul-2009 and can be applied to devices in the field or to new
product.

We also have CPR 6201-6201 in place for the same on the MC70...delivery dates are after the above but not set.

We have also asked about MSP support for this solution which is being evaluated by the Motorola Isreal team. 

If you have a business case for any or all of the above, feel free to reach out to me.

Mark Cipriotti
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jaehoon Lee
It is Exactly same case I met

It is Exactly same case I met.
We, Korea team also on crisis to loose deal 200xMC75.
CPR 6567-6567 was created but no quotation & delivery information yet.

- Jaehoon -

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mario Guillen
Jaehoon,Below is a post from

Jaehoon,

Below is a post from Mark Cipriotti on May 6th:

Victor,

The Federal Sales team has CPR 6201-6205 in place for a
Windows Zero Config (WZC) version of the MC70 and MC9090 WM 6.1 and WM
5.0 OSs.  This custom OS will be tested to work with the Juniper OAC
FIPS edition (should also work with the standard edition) to provide a
FIPS 140-2 validated 802.11i solution.  The OS drops are expected to be
GA on 31-Jul-2009 and can be applied to devices in the field or to new
product.

We also have CPR 6201-6201 in place for the same on the MC70...delivery dates are after the above but not set.

We have also asked about MSP support for this solution which is being evaluated by the Motorola Isreal team. 

If you have a business case for any or all of the above, feel free to reach out to me.

Mark Cipriotti

Because of the contention between Fusion and the Juniper Odyssey Access Client for Control of the radio, Fusion has to be removed and replaced with Microsoft's Windows-Zero-Config (WZC).  That is a custom build.

Mario

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jaehoon Lee
Mario, I already read it. BTW

Mario,
I already read it.
BTW, our prior version Fusion/OS supported OAC or 3rd party CM.
Do you have any idea why suddenly we stop supporting it?

I don't understand we can not protect our old&loyalty customers due to this problem.(Backward Compatability Issue)

Jaehoon.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Mann
Team, Curious, have you

Team,

Curious, have you tried going to the OPTIONS in Fusion and then navigating to SYSTEM OPTIONS and unchecking all three SETTINGS?  I was under the impression that the ENABLE IP MGMT was for FUSION TO CONTROL THE CLIENT. 

I ran a test where I created a profile on MC9090G WM 5.0 running BSP43 with Fusion 2.55.1.0.016R.  It connected to my home network but if I went into OPTIONS and then change the SYSTEM OPTION SETTINGS  then I would no longer connect.  So I'm assuming if we give up control for FUSION then this should open it up for us to use Oddessy to control the client.

Hope this helps.

Mark
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Mark Cipriotti
I agree that we need to be

I agree that we need to be backwards compatible and more importantly 3rd party compatibility.  The Fusion team led by Mark Orlassino would be the contact. 
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Jaehoon Lee
Most big customers follow

Most big customers follow their own Security and it means they use thier own or 3rd party CM.
Why we threw away them even though we need their additional Order for our product.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Marc Charney
Please contact me if I can

Please contact me if I can assist with this.  I have a lot of experience comparing and working with Fusion and the Juniper Odyssey Mobile client.  You can contact me at 901-230-6010.

- Marc Charney
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’