1) Time/Date  24 09

2) Response time 1900

3) Product MC7596

4) OS Version BSP 27 BSP 35    

5) Clarify Case # 1961554

Have following reported on MC75 and the wired headset  21-69024-01R

when wired headset is used

ALL THE VOLUME OPTIONS SET TO LOW BUT THE VOLUME STILL TO HIGH

also on BSP 35.1   tested here in Support the Volume settings of device are much harder then for example a Dialtone or a noise on the GSM line and a actuall voice call

In fact the user will pull out headset because the system sound of MC75 is very hard

is this a supported solution  and can this be adressed

George Dellaratta
Unusual.  Most customers

Unusual.  Most customers complain that the audio output isn't loud enough.  Here's one complaining that it's too loud.

Are you looking for registry settings to change the attenuation in Headset mode?

Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Herbert De Jong
what the customer wants is

what the customer wants is that the System Volume sound level and the Headset Mode of Phone Volume are approximately same level, if you know connect 21-69024-01R on MC7596

The System Volume coming through the one piece earplug are so loud that you have to turn System Volume all the way on MC75 to have this level at a bearable level.

The Phone Sound in Headset mode however requires it to be Turned up again.

Not sure where the correction can be made
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

George Dellaratta
This is odd.  Those two

This is odd.  Those two settings are independent.  Tap the speaker icon and you'll see that the system sounds and the phone sounds use two different sliders.  Does the customer want those two sliders to move together?
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Herbert De Jong
Hello George, Partner just

Hello George,

Partner just wants a comfortable sound level when using the headset adapter ( recommended )
they dont want to move General Volume and Ring Tone Volume sliders move at the same rate.

I have the feeling that the registries around this key maybe play a role here

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Drivers\BuiltIn\WaveDev\Default\Headset]

Do you have a change to test with 21-69024-01R and default BSP 35 it is really hurting your ear the volume.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Herbert De Jong
George,  found  "VDP

George, 

found  "VDP Integration Guide TNT1.5.pdf" but it is not really easy to understand.

Do you think there is a regkey change possible so that the headset volume is reduced ?
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

George Dellaratta
I have no plans to test this

I have no plans to test this headset.

The registry keys that you identified will change the global settings independently of the phone volume or system volume.  I must admit that I'm not sure what they are trying to do.  They should be able to set the in-call volume and the system sounds volumes independently.

Have you tested this?
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Herbert De Jong
George, pitty you can not

George, pitty you can not test with this Headset.
I believe you will notice quite quick what we talk about.

let me one more time re-phrase the problem reported:
When 21-69024-01R is being used the complaint is that "General Volume" and "Ringer Volume" and "In Call Volume" are very loud.
As this 21-69024-01R lacks the ability to adjust volume on the cord the user will try to lower these three volume settings using the sliders on the device to the minimum.
But it is still very loud, up, especially "General Volume" and "Ringer Volume" are still loud, up to the point that the user will take out the earbud from his ear.
And so elimiuating the usuage.

So what i am looking for is a lower Volume across at least "General Volume" and "Ringer Volume" when a Headset is being plugged into MC75.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

David Meyer
Out of curiosity, how is the

Out of curiosity, how is the audio level with other headsets?  Is it just this headset that is loud, or all headsets?
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

George Dellaratta
AHA!  Now I understand. 

AHA!  Now I understand. 

This probably goes back to the document that is required for SPR 17301.  Once that document is complete, you'll have the answers for this customer too.

I have the full list of REG keys captured and the default values used on the MC55 and MC75 products.  I've just reviewed the completeness with the development team and now I need to put limits around those keys.  It should be done by the end of this week.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Herbert De Jong
@Dave,  using another brand

@Dave, 
using another brand (HTC) earbud instead of 21-69024-01R i have the same Volume level.
using another brand stereo headphone with a volume slider on the cord, the Volume is high, but using the slider on the headphones it can be corrected.
I only have acces to one 21-69024-01R , but since the Partner reports high volume as well, i dont think this Headset differences between eachother.

@George,
Didnt know that document really was going to appear,  so let's wait for that and then we can fine-tune any Headset Volume i believe
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’