6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 24, 2012 8:46 AM by Gary Miller

Error implementing DateTimePicker

I'm new to RhoStudio and trying to find my way by reading docs and developing a simple app. 

My current problem is trying to implement the Native Control DateTimePicker, using as my source

the weekly Webinar video "Using Native Controls" by Brian Moores.  Using the iphone simulator

the app loads and everything appears normal until I press the Edit button to show the DateTimePicker,

then I get an error UNDEFINED on the simulator screen.  I think the error is telling me that my

method "choose", i.e. DateTimePicker.choose( url_for( :action => :datetime_callback), $title, Time.new, $flag.to_i, Marshal.dump($flag))

is not defined, but if that's it I have no clue why. 

I have attached some screen shots and the portion of the book_inventory_controller.rb file and can provide more info if needed.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Gary

.......................  book_inventory_controller.rb file ..............................

require 'rho/rhocontroller'

require 'helpers/browser_helper'

class BookInventoryController < Rho::RhoController

include BrowserHelper

#Date Time Picker

$saved = nil

$choosed = {}

def choose

puts "Choose Date/Time"

$flag  = @params['flag']

$title = @params['title']

if $flag == '0' or $flag == '1' or $flag == '2'

$saved = nil

DateTimePicker.choose( url_for( :action => :datetime_callback), $title, Time.new, $flag.to_i, Marshal.dump($flag))

end

""

end 

def save

$saved = 1

redirect :action => :index

end

def datetime_callback

puts "datetime_callback"

$status = @params['status']

if $status == 'ok'

$dt = Time.at( @params ['result'].to_i)

$flag = Marshal.load(@params['opaque'])

format = case $flag

when "0" then '%F %T'

when "1" then '%F'

when "2" then '%T'

else '%F %T'

end

$choosed[$flag] = $dt.strftime( format )

end

webview.navigate( url_for( :action => :index))

""

end

..................................................................................

• Re: Error implementing DateTimePicker
          Peter Arcuri

Gary, could your issue be related to the data bug? See details at https://developer.motorolasolutions.com/message/5161#5161

Peter,

Thanks for the reply.  It's possible this is related,  but doesn't seem to fit entirely.  I'm not using RhoElement and I'm running Mac OS also I'm not getting a wrong date but rather the DateTimePicker isn't even appearing.

Do you see anything with my code that could be causing a problem?

Thanks again,

Gary

Derek Warren

Can you please enclosed the code from your html/erb page?

Hi Derek,

Here you go - thanks!  It's the edit.erb file.

div data-role="page">

<div data-role="header" data-position="inline">

<h1>Edit <%= @bookinventory.Title %></h1>

<a href="<%= url_for :action => :show, :id => @bookinventory.object %>" class="ui-btn-left" data-icon="back" data-direction="reverse">

Cancel

</a>

<a href="<%= url_for :action => :delete, :id => @bookinventory.object %>" class="ui-btn-right" data-icon="delete" data-direction="reverse">

Delete

</a>

</div>

<div data-role="content">

<form method="POST" action="<%= url_for :action => :update %>">

<input type="hidden" name="id" value="<%= @bookinventory.object %>"/>

<div data-role="fieldcontain">

<label for="bookinventory[Title]" class="fieldLabel">Title</label>

<input type="text" id="bookinventory[Title]" name="bookinventory[Title]" value="<%= @bookinventory.Title %>" <%= placeholder( "Title" ) %> />

</div>

<label for="bookinventory[Author]" class="fieldLabel">Author</label>

<input type="text" id="bookinventory[Author]" name="bookinventory[Author]" value="<%= @bookinventory.Author %>" <%= placeholder( "Author" ) %> />

</div>

<label for="bookinventory[OwnershipCode]" class="fieldLabel">Ownershipcode</label>

<input type="text" id="bookinventory[OwnershipCode]" name="bookinventory[OwnershipCode]" value="<%= @bookinventory.OwnershipCode %>" <%= placeholder( "Ownershipcode" ) %> />

</div>

<label for="bookinventory[OwnershipName]" class="fieldLabel">Ownershipname</label>

<input type="text" id="bookinventory[OwnershipName]" name="bookinventory[OwnershipName]" value="<%= @bookinventory.OwnershipName %>" <%= placeholder( "Ownershipname" ) %> />

</div>

<label for="bookinventory[ObtainedFrom]" class="fieldLabel">Obtainedfrom</label>

<input type="text" id="bookinventory[ObtainedFrom]" name="bookinventory[ObtainedFrom]" value="<%= @bookinventory.ObtainedFrom %>" <%= placeholder( "Obtainedfrom" ) %> />

</div>

<label for="bookinventory[DateRecd]" class="fieldLabel">Daterecd</label>

<input type="text" id="bookinventory[DateRecd]" name="bookinventory[DateRecd]" value="<%= @bookinventory.DateRecd %>" <%= placeholder( "Daterecd" ) %> />

<p>Test Date/Time Pickers</p>

<form action = "DateTime/save">

<b>Date and Time:</b><br/>

<input type ="text" name="date0" readonly value="<%= $choosed['0'] %>"></input>

<%= link_to "Edit", { :action => "choose", :query => {$flag => '0', :$title => 'Choose Date & Time'} } %><br/>

<b>Date Only: </b><br/>

<input type = "text" name = "date1" readonly value = "<%= $choosed['1'] %>"></input>

<%= link_to "Edit", { :action => "choose", :query => {$flag => '1', :$title => 'Choose Date'} } %><br/>

<b>Date and Time: </b><br/>

<input type = "text" name = "date2" readonly value = "<%= $choosed['2'] %>"></input>

<%= link_to "Edit", { :action => "choose", :query => {$flag => '2', :$title => 'Choose Time'} } %><br/>

<input type = "submit" value="save"></input>

</form>

<br/>

<% if not $saved.nil? %>

chosen date/time values: <br/>

<% $choosed.each do |k,v| %>

<b> Format (<%=k%>: <%= v %></b><br/>)

<% end %>

<% end %>

</div>

<input type="submit" value="Update"/>

</form>

</div>

</div>

Derek Warren

Take a look at how you are passing the parameters to the choose method in controller. Your choose method is looking for a 'flag' and 'title' but you are not using the parameters. If you remove the if statement in your choose method the picker will appear because the $flag=@params['flag'] is nil. You should pass the parameters from the ERB page as symbols ( :flag and :title) not variables this should fix the issue.

Overall, change $flag and :$title in your ERB page to :flag and :title.

Derek,

Thanks much, that worked!!!  I'm now getting the DateTimePicker displayed and I can pick Date, Date/Time or Time depending which one I have selected on the Edit screen  It still displays "undefined" at the top of the screen where the DateTimePicker is displayed and it does not automatically go back to the edit screen once I select a Date and click OK, which I thought was suppose to do, but this is real progress. See Screen image.

Thanks again,

Gary

Choose Date & Time-Undefind.jpg