WT4090 and Certificates

Hi,

I have a customer complaining that when they select "validate Server Certificate" in their WLAN config the WT4090 never connects to the WLAN. If they leave the box unchecked then they connect fine. They are using WPA2 - Enterprise, PEAP (MSChapV2) and AES.

I have configured a RFS6000 with trustpoints and my self signed certificates and configured a MC75 to connect with and without the "validate server certificate" box checked. The MC75 connects fine regardless of the status of the box.

When I substitute the MC75 for a WT4090 the WT4090 connects when the "validate server certificate" box is unchecked and it fails to connect when the box is checked.

The WT4090 is using Fusion Version 2.57.0.0.022B-CE-PHOTON and O/S 06.35.0000

I also tried Fusion version default for O/S 06.35

Any help is appreciated.

Andy
David Meyer
Hi Andy, First some basic

Hi Andy,

First some basic questions:

1) Did you install your root certificate on the WT4090?
2) Did you select that root certificate in the Fusion WLAN profile you are trying to use?
3) What server(s) are you using as certificate authorities?
4) Can you post a copy of the certificate here to someone can take a look at it?

-Dave
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

David Meyer
Also, did you insure that the

Also, did you insure that the date and time on your WT4090, and all certificate(s) involved are within a matching range?  I assume that the certificates are an OK date and time based on MC75 working, but maybe your WT4090 date/time is not matching.
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’

Andrew Michael ...
Dave, Thank you for your

Dave,

Thank you for your response.

The first thing I asked the customer was to ensure the date and time were correct on the terminal.

When I tested I had two tests to complete 1. Certs and 2. MSP date and time.

I left the date and time test to last and therefore the date and time for my cert tests was wrong! ( I should take my own advice more)

Thanks for rattling by brain cell. Having sorted the date and time everything is working correctly.

Andy
Vote: 
Vote up!
Vote down!

You voted ‘up’