3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 31, 2012 7:29 AM by Peter Arcuri

Can you autostart more then one application on the MT2090?

Mattias Wahlberg

Hi!

I don't know if this is the correct forum put perhaps yuo can give me a hint in the right direction, We have customer that want's to start our Freefloat Access*One on startup but be able to fallback to Navigator.exe if an administrator exits Access*One. But from our testing it seems that \Application\Startup\StartMenu.Run only starts the application on line 1. Even when we exit that application Navigator.exe wont start if the file looks like this for example:

\Application\Freefloat\AccessOne\Emulator.exe

\Windows\Navigator.exe

Any clues?

• Re: Can you autostart more then one application on the MT2090?
          Peter Arcuri

Did you try placing a shortcut of your app(s) in Windows/Startup folder.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              Mattias Wahlberg

I need something that's persistent. I learned that I can place any number of commands (.run, .exe, .cab etc.) in the \Application\Startup folder. That partly solved my problem.

Peter Arcuri

I'm unfamiliar with the MT2090 and I don't have a unit to test with but if it's similar to other Motorola products it should support the "copyfiles" untility which executes early in the boot process so to allow a mean to move files around. The idea is to copy files from persistant memory (/Application) to  flash meory (Windows) in the event of a cold-boot. If the unit does support copyfiles, then you may want to try creating a .cpy file and drop it in the root \Application folder and to test it perform a cold-boot. The .cpy file will simply contain 1 or more lines for example:

\Application\Freefloat\AccessOne\Emulator.exe > \windows\startup\Emulator.exe

\Windows\Navigator.exe > \windows\startup\Navigator.exe

Or create a shortcut for the execuables and place them anywhere in persistant memory (/Application), to use the following:

\Application\Emulator.lnk > \windows\startup\Emulator.lnk

\Application\Navigator.lnk > \windows\startup\Navigator.lnk

When Windows boots all programs and shortcuts from /Windows/Startup will execute at once. 

1 of 1 people found this helpful