3 Replies Latest reply on Nov 12, 2012 9:51 AM by Anu Kannan

Can you disable aiming pattern in DataWedge? And still scan?

Can you disable aiming patter in DataWedge? And still scan?

• Re: Can you disable aiming pattern in DataWedge? And still scan?
          Anu Kannan

Steven,

Presently, the software does not expose this functionality since the user would need it in order to employ "Picklist". "Picklist" is a feature where the aiming pattern is used to help the user pick a specific barcode to decode, when there are many in the field of view.

Additionally, in case of the scanner, there isn't a field of view, so it's very unintuitive to scan without the aimer.

That said, could you please clarify if you're using the camera or scanner to scan and why you're looking to disable the pattern ?

Thanks,

Anu

1 of 1 people found this helpful

Sorry.  I'm not looking to disable the aiming pattern.  I'm looking to disable the LEDs.

I'm trying to use the scanner inconspicuously.  I'm using the scanner.

In DataWedge, I'm thinking:

• Scan Params: disable Decode Audio Feedback (not working for me)
              • disable LEDs so that scanning isn't so obvious
              • can I change aiming pattern?
                  Anu Kannan

My comments inline :

I'm trying to use the scanner inconspicuously.  I'm using the scanner.

In DataWedge, I'm thinking:

• Scan Params: disable Decode Audio Feedback (not working for me)

Anu: Which app are you using to scan ? If you're using the DW Demo app, go to DW UI-> DWDemo -> Scan params -> Uncheck "Decode Haptic Feedback" ; Under "Decode Audio Feedback", select "Silent" -> Press Back -> Press Back -> Press Back to exit the app.

If you're using a custom app, please create a new DW Profile, associate it your custom app, and set the above Scan params.

• disable LEDs so that scanning isn't so obvious

Anu: Unfortunately, this is not supported. But presently, the default decode session is 15 secs, i.e. the scanner will look for a Barcode for 15 secs until it decodes or times out, whichever is sooner. You could lessen the timeout value by going to DW UI -> <corresponding profile> -> Reader params -> Set the "Beam Timer" param

• can I change aiming pattern?

Anu: No.. this is also not supported.