6 Replies Latest reply on Nov 9, 2012 1:59 PM by Charles Greco

apps.json in BSP24

Ricardo Teixeira

Team,

I've updated my unit from BSP20 to BSP24, everything seems to be working correctly. My chalenge is where to put the apps.json file? There is no \UserDrive\config\

Thanks and regards,

RiT

• apps.json in BSP24
          Janet Hawkins

Hi Ricardo,

After I performed the update the config directory was not there, I just manually created it and copied the file there.  When attached to the computer via USB do you see the log file, or do you mean nothing shows up when the device is attached?  What normally shows up under explorer is the contents of UserDrive, so if the device mounts you can create it there.

I usually drop the USBActiveSync.reg file in the root of the UserDrive so I can access the rest of the \Application stuff.

• Re: apps.json in BSP24
              Ricardo Teixeira

Hi Janet,

When attached to the computer via USB, I can see the UserDrive with Fusion-Data folder and log.txt file.

I've created the config folder and putted inside the apps.json file, rebooted SB1 and the result is still the same, only show the 5 default apps (RD Client, Sales Demo, Prece Check, WLAN Setup and FTP Client).

Can you share with me the USBActiveSync.reg?

Thanks and regards

Janet Hawkins

Hi Ricardo,

I'm guessing the config file in the \Applications directory doesn't point to the config file in the UserDrive directory.  Once you have access to the device you can change it, that's what I had to do.

Here is the file, just drop it in the root of the UserDrive, and reboot the device.

http://cl.ly/3d020m3W473Q

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      Ricardo Teixeira

Hi Janet,

With the USBActiveSync.reg and creating the "config" folder with apps.json file inside, everything works has planed. But, without the USBActiveSync.reg, the SB1 applications are the ones defined in the \application\www\config\apps.json, ignoring the \userdrive\config\apps.json.

Shouldn´t the  \userdrive\config\apps.json be copy over the  \application\www\config\apps.json?

Thanks and regards

Charles Greco

the method is to add a config folder to the userdrive then place a config.js file in it. that config.js file needs to set the apps.json location to the 'userdrive\config\apps.json"

then you are really copying 2 files to the device in the config folder  1 - config.js with pointer to apps .json in userdrive\config and 2 the new apps.json.  we have also found that you should copy the keyboard resource file (kbd-en-US.js) and the srtring resource file (resources-en-US.js) for any language localization that you want. thus a minimum of 4 files will be in the config folder on  the user drive